RISE stands for Research Internships in Science and Engineering. RISE Worldwide offers summer research internships across the world to German undergraduate students with academic training in biology, chemistry, physics, earth sciences, engineering, or a closely related field. RISE Worldwide is funded by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research.
- Students assist in research and lab work for a proposed project
- Placements include research groups, laboratories, and doctoral students who wish to strengthen their ties with Germany by hosting a motivated and well-qualified student
- All students receive a scholarship from DAAD to help cover living expenses and travel costs
- Funding is possible for a period up to three months
- Working language will be in English