RISE stands for Research Internships in Science and Engineering. RISE Worldwide offers summer research internships across the world to German undergraduate students with academic training in biology, chemistry, computer science, physics, earth sciences, engineering or a closely related field. RISE Worldwide is funded by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research.
- Students assist in research and lab work for a proposed project
- Placements include research groups, laboratories, and doctoral students who wish to strengthen their ties with Germany by hosting a motivated and well-qualified student
- All students receive a scholarship from DAAD to help cover living expenses and travel costs
- Funding is possible for a period up to three months
- Working language will be in English
Information about the Corona Virus
The DAAD is closely following the developments regarding the coronavirus in order to flexibly react to changing situations. In affected areas, we are in contact with scholarship holders, their families and local employees in order to provide them with the best possible support.
When an infection is confirmed, the authorities of the respective country decide what measures must be taken (e.g. quarantine). In Germany, very few cases of infection have occurred. The Robert Koch Institute (RKI) continuously monitors the current situation, evaluates all information, coordinates official measures and estimates that the risk for the German population is low (as of 27/02/2020).
Please be aware that the situation may change at any time and heed the updated warnings issued by authorities, particularly the RKI, and the travel advisories by the Federal Foreign Office. The authorities are continuously sharing information and evaluating current developments. Please find updated Information on the DAAD Homepage.