What applicants need to know
You are an undergraduate student studying at a US-American, Canadian or British University. Your major is in biology, chemistry, physics, earth sciences or engineering. You’d like to do an internship in Germany? Great! Please check carefully our application requirements and procedure.
To apply for a internship placement for summer 2017 you must:
- be currently enrolled at a university/college in the United States, Canada or the UK as a full-time student in the field of biology, chemistry, physics, earth sciences or engineering (or a closely related field)
- be an undergraduate who will have completed at least 2 years of a degree program by the time of the internship placement
- prove that you will maintain undergraduate status after the internship has taken place
German language skills are not required for most positions but would be helpful to manage everyday life outside of the laboratory. The working language will generally be English.
You will receive a monthly scholarship of 650 Euros for full month. The amount will be calculated on a daily basis if you will stay less than 22 days a month. DAAD provides health insurance, accident and personal liability insurance. All interns are invited to the three-day RISE Germany meeting in Heidelberg at the beginning of July and will receive an allowance of 160 Euros for travel to the meeting.
The scholarship does not cover international travel costs.
You can start your internship between May 15 and July 10, 2017 for a duration of three month (minimum stay ten weeks). Generally speaking the start dates in the internship offers are meant as a timeframe. They are somewhat flexible and would be determined between you and your PhD supervisor. Get in touch with the PhD student if you have questions about the dates.
The application is submitted completely online through the RISE database. If you are interested in participating, the first step for you is to register and to login to access the internship database. Then fill in the online application form and upload all necessary documents. Please check the list of application documents you must submit at the Application portal. The internship database opens between December 1, 2016 and January 18, 2017. (Deadline has been extended!)
- The internship database opens between December 1, 2016 and January 18, 2017.
- All applications have to be submitted by January 18, 2017 online (11:59 pm CET – Central European Time).
- All letters of recommendation have to be submitted by January 22, 2017.
North America, RISE
DAAD – German Academic Exchange Service
phone: +49 (228) 882- 425