RISE stands for Research Internships in Science and Engineering. RISE Professional offers summer research internships in Germany to Master’s and Ph.D. students from USA, Canada, Great Britain or Ireland at companies and non-university research institutions with strong relations to industry. RISE Professional is funded by the German Federal Foreign Office.
- The program is open for students in the field of biology, chemistry, computer science, physics, earth science, engineering or a closely related field
- All participants receive a scholarship from DAAD and an additional stipend from their host company/institution to help cover living expenses
- Funding is possible for a period of three months in summer or fall
- German language requirements vary according to the internship placement
- Undergraduates who are Alumni from the RISE Germany program are also eligible to apply
- Recent graduates are not eligible to apply
- All applicants have to be enrolled during the time of the internship
Information about the Corona Virus
In response to the ongoing and global spread of the COVID-19 or Corona virus, DAAD has decided to suspend this year’s RISE program for incoming and outgoing students. This action has been taken in consideration of the recent declaration of a pandemic by the World Health Organization, confirming that the virus is likely to spread to all countries with a corresponding rise in the risk level of all international travel. It also supports our commitment to the safety and well-being of our scholarship holders and the health of our broader community. All interns and internship providers will receive a respective information via email.
The RISE Team