RISE stands for Research Internships in Science and Engineering. RISE Professional offers summer research internships in Germany to Master’s and Ph.D. students from USA, Canada, Great Britain or Ireland at companies and non-university research institutions with strong relations to industry. Undergraduates who are RISE Germany alumni are also eligible. Depending on the internship recent graduates are also eligible. RISE Professional is funded by the German Federal Foreign Office.
- The program is open for students in the field of biology, chemistry, computer science, physics, earth science, engineering or a closely related field
- All participants receive a scholarship from DAAD and an additional stipend from their host company/institution to help cover living expenses
- Funding is possible for a period up to six months depending on the internship in summer or fall
- German language requirements vary according to the internship placement
- Undergraduates who are Alumni from the RISE Germany program and recent graduates(depending on the internship) are also eligible to apply