RISE stands for Research Internships in Science and Engineering. RISE Professional offers summer research internships in Germany to Master’s and Ph.D. students from North America at companies and non-university research institutions with strong relations to industry. RISE Professional is funded by the German Federal Foreign Office.
- The program is open for students in the field of biology, chemistry, physics, earth sciences, engineering or a closely related field)
- All participants receive a scholarship from DAAD and an additional stipend from their host company/institution to help cover living expenses
- Funding is possible for a period of three months in summer or fall
- Geman language requirements vary according to the internship placement
- Undergraduates who are Alumni from the RISE Germany program are also eligible to apply
- Recent graduates are not eligible to apply
- All applicants have to be enrolled during the time of the internship