What applicants need to know
You are enrolled as Master or Ph.D. student (or a Bachelor who is a RISE Germany- Alumni) at a North American, British or Irish university. Your Major is in biology, chemistry, computer science, engineering, earth sciences or physics. You would like to work in a German company for the summer. Great! Please check carefully our application requirements and procedure.
To apply for a RISE Professional internship you must:
- be enrolled in a Master’s or Ph.D. program at a North American, British or Irish university (at the time of the internship) in the fields of Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Computer Science, Earth Science or Engineering (or a closely related field)
be an undergraduate RISE Germany-Alumni in a relevant field studying at a North American, British or Irish university (at the time of the internship)
- Applicants must prove their enrolment at the time of the internship
- International students in these countries must be in the country for at least 12 months at the time of application
- Recent graduates are not eligible to apply
- German language requirements depend on the nature of the internship. Some require at least an intermediate level of German language skills while others require none at all
1) DAAD provides a monthly scholarship of:
– 361 Euros for undergraduates
– 361 Euros for Master students
– 700 Euros for Ph.D. students.
2) The host companies contributes an additional stipend of at least 500 Euros net per month.
3) Each scholarship holder receives travel expenses depending on the country of origin.
4) DAAD also provides health insurance and accident and personal/private liability insurance.
5) All scholarship holders are invited to the three-day RISE meeting in Heidelberg at the beginning of July and will receive 160 Euros travel reimbursement to the meeting.
6) For those who plan to attend a language course in Germany, DAAD covers 70 % of course-fees (max. 250 Euros).
An internship is possible for a period up to 3 months between May 15 and December 31, 2021.
The application is submitted completely online through the RISE Professional database. If you are interested in participating, the first step for you is to register and to login to access the internship database. Then fill in the online application form and upload all necessary documents. Please check the list of application documents you must submit at Apply now! The internship database opens between November 1 and December 16, 2020. (new deadline!)
- The internship database opens between November 1 and December 15, 2020.
- All applications have to be submitted by December 15, 2020 online!
- All letters of reference have to be submitted by January 15, 2020!
North America, RISE
DAAD – German Academic Exchange Service
phone: +49 228 882- 696
“My summer in the RISE program was the most important event of my life. It was my first chance to realize one of my dreams: to travel outside of my own country. I learned more than I can possibly put into words and formed permanent friendships. I can never repay the privilege the RISE Professional program provided to me.”
– Benjamin Lehe, Fitbase GmbH, Hamburg RISE Professional 2019