What applicants need to know
You are an enrolled Master- or Ph.D. student (or a Bachelor who is a RISE Germany- Alumni). Your Major is in biology, chemistry, engineering, earth sciences or physics. You would like to work in a German company for the summer. Great! Please check carefully our application requirements and procedure.
To apply for a RISE Professional internship you must:
- be a student enrolled in a Masters or Ph.D. program at a North American university (at the time of the internship) in the fields of Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Earth Science or Engineering (or a closely related field)
be an undergraduate RISE Germany- Alumni in a relevant field studying at a North American university (at the time of the internship)
- Applicants must prove their enrolment at the time of the internship
- Recent graduates are not eligible to apply
- German language requirements depend on the nature of the internship. Some require at least an intermediate level of German language skills while others require none at all
1) DAAD will provide a monthly scholarship of:
– 150 Euros for undergraduates
– 250 Euros for MA-students
– 500 Euros for Ph.D. students.
2) The host companies will contribute an additional stipend of at least 500 Euros net per month.
3) Each scholarship holder will receive a lump sum of 800 Euros for travel expenses and a travel reimbursement for the trip to the scholarship meeting.
4) DAAD will also provide health insurance and accident and personal/private liability insurance.
5) All scholarship holders will be invited to a scholars Meeting at the beginning of July.
6) For those who plan to attend a language course in Germany, DAAD will cover 70 % of course-fees (max. 500 Euros).
An internship is possible for a period up to 3 months between May and December 2017.
The application is submitted completely online through the RISE Professional database. If you are interested in participating, the first step for you is to register and to login to access the internship database. Then fill in the online application form and upload all necessary documents. Please check the list of application documents you must submit at Apply now! The internship database opens between December 1, 2016 and January 31, 2017.
- The internship database opens between December 1, 2016 and January 31, 2017.
- All applications have to be submitted by January 31, 2017 online!
- All letters of recommendation have to be submitted by February 7, 2017!
North America, RISE
DAAD – German Academic Exchange Service
phone: +49 228 882- 696