What applicants need to know
You are an enrolled Master or Ph.D. student (or a Bachelor who is a RISE Germany- Alumni) at a North American, British or Irish university. Your Major is in biology, chemistry, computer science, engineering, earth sciences or physics. You would like to work in a German company for the summer. Great! Please check carefully our application requirements and procedure.
To apply for a RISE Professional internship you must:
- be a full-time student enrolled in a Masters or Ph.D. program at a North American, British or Irish university (at the time of the internship) in the fields of Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Computer Science, Earth Science or Engineering (or a closely related field)
be an undergraduate RISE Germany- Alumni in a relevant field studying at a North American, British or Irish university (at the time of the internship)
- Applicants must prove their enrolment at the time of the internship
- Recent graduates are not eligible to apply
- German language requirements depend on the nature of the internship. Some require at least an intermediate level of German language skills while others require none at all
1) DAAD will provide a monthly scholarship of:
– 250 Euros for undergraduates
– 350 Euros for MA-students
– 700 Euros for Ph.D. students.
2) The host companies will contribute an additional stipend of at least 500 Euros net per month.
3) Each scholarship holder will receive travel expenses depending on the country of origin:
Ireland: 400,00 Euros
Great Britain: 275,00 Euros
Canada (east): 1.250,00 Euros
Canada (west): 1.275,00 Euros
USA (east): 1.150,00 Euros
USA (west): 1.525,00 Euros
4) DAAD will also provide health insurance and accident and personal/private liability insurance.
5) All scholarship holders will be invited to the three-day RISE meeting in Heidelberg at the beginning of July and will receive 160 Euros travel reimbursement to the meeting.
6) For those who plan to attend a language course in Germany, DAAD will cover 70 % of course-fees (max. 250 Euros).
An internship is possible for a period up to 3 months between May 15 and December 31, 2019.
The application is submitted completely online through the RISE Professional database. If you are interested in participating, the first step for you is to register and to login to access the internship database. Then fill in the online application form and upload all necessary documents. Please check the list of application documents you must submit at Apply now! The internship database opens between November 1, 2018 and December 15, 2018.
- The internship database opens between November 1, 2018 and December 15, 2018.
- All applications have to be submitted by December 15, 2018 online!
- All letters of reference have to be submitted by December 22, 2018!
North America, RISE
DAAD – German Academic Exchange Service
phone: +49 228 882- 696