November 30th – December 2nd 2022 in Berlin and virtually
Digitalisation is profoundly altering higher education: collaboration across borders and new forms of mobility and exchange offer diverse opportunities in a globally networked world. Higher education institutions have experienced a digitalisation surge in the past two years, which has led to changes in teaching, research, and university administration. Digital educational technologies offer the possibility of both advancing internationalisation and opening diverse forms of participation and mobility.
The DAAD actively promotes digital internationalisation, both through its funding activities and the realisation of research and development projects, as well as through networking activities and community building: the spectrum of topics ranges from digital preparatory programmes to digital credentials. At the same time, questions remain about the limits of these technologies, for example with regard to open educational practice, digital exclusion or the self-understanding of universities. How can the effects of internationalisation through digitalisation, new digital tools and formats be captured in the future? What challenges emerge in the context of cross-border collaborations, new mobility patterns and flexible learning paths?
The biannual conference "Moving Target Digitalisation" invites participants to address these central questions. With its focus on recent developments in the internationalisation of Higher Education, the conference will present project outcomes and examine related initiatives at home and abroad. In addition, the conference aims to provide space for policy dialogue to discuss framework conditions for European and international cooperation opportunities. Participants of #movingtarget2022 will discuss the effects of digitalisation on the internationalisation of higher education and on academic exchange in the follwoing four subject areas.
Moving Target Digitalisation 2022 in pictures
- Bündnis für Bildung e. V.
- EduSharing e. V.
- Fachhochschule Aachen
- FernUniversität in Hagen
- Gesellschaft für akademische Studienvorbereitung und Testentwicklung (g.a.s.t.)
- Gesellschaft für wissenschaftliche Datenverarbeitung mbH Göttingen (GWDG)
- Goethe Institut e. V.
- Groningen Declaration Network
- Hasso-Plattner-Institut für Digital Engineering
- Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
- Johannes Gutenberg-Universität Mainz
- Kiron Open Higher Education gGmbH
- Otto-von-Guericke-Universität Magdeburg
- Rheinisch-Westfälische Technische Hochschule (RWTH) Aachen
- Technische Hochschule Lübeck
- Technische Universität Berlin
- Technische Universität München
- T-Systems International GmbH
- Universität Potsdam