The aim of this programme is to enable former scholarship holders from abroad to return to Germany and carry out research and working projects. There are funding opportunities for different qualification phases and stages in a career.
What can be funded?
- Research and working projects at state or state-recognised institutions of higher education or non-university research institutes in Germany.
- Working stays at an institution in business, administration, culture or media for former scholarship holders who work outside the science sector.
The duration may be between 1 and 3 months. A research or working visit can also take place at several host institutions. Funding may only be claimed once within three years.
There are two different programme lines:
A) Re-invitation Programme for Former Scholarship Holders
B) Re-invitation Programme for Former Scholarship Holders of the Development-Related Postgraduate Courses
Who can apply?
Programme line A:
- Former holders of DAAD research grants or study scholarships, who were funded with funds of the Federal Foreign Office for a period of over six months
- Former scholarship holders of the GDR who studied for at least one year in Germany
Programme line B:
- Former DAAD scholarship holders of the “Development-Related Postgraduate Courses (EPOS)” who successfully finished their studies
What are the application requirements?
- Applicants may not have lived in Germany for at least three years.
- The research or working project must be coordinated with a cooperation partner in Germany.