The DAAD has compiled information on funding opportunities for students, graduates, doctoral candidates, postgraduates and lecturers at German higher education institutions offered by other funding organisations, based on the following criteria:
- A relevant number of scholarships is awarded under the selected programmes, usually at least ten scholarships per year.
- Interested parties can apply directly for the scholarship themselves.
- The scholarship is intended for a study-related stay (study, internship, summer school, language course) or for a research or teaching stay abroad.
- The scholarship is directly related to the stay abroad and covers costs such as travel expenses, living expenses, tuition fees, etc.
- The selected programmes are aimed at a broad target group. Programmes for applicants from specific universities are not included, for example.
- Programmes for internships that also include an internship placement are only included if the internship is not completed at the participant’s own organisation/company but at a third-party institution.
- The application process is transparent.