Integrated International Degree Programmes with Double Degrees
The programme "Integrated International Degree Programmes with Double Degrees" funds degree programmes at universities and universities of applied sciences which, after studies completed partly at the German and partly at the foreign higher education institution, award both national degrees (as a joint degree = award of a joint degree, or as a double degree = award of the degrees of both partner universities possible).
Next call for apllications for funding from WS 2020/2021 onwards will be published in the mid of June 2019 (application deadline: mid of October 2019).
The degree programmes are intended to contribute to further internationalisation of higher education institutions and to strengthen the exchange of university teachers and students. An integral component of the degree programme is a minimum of one year of studies at the partner university for bachelor’s degree programmes, or a minimum of one semester of studies abroad for master's degree programmes. Academic studies at the partner higher education institution follow a curriculum coordinated between the two institutions. Whenever possible, the German programme participants study at least part of the time together with participants from the same year group of the double degree programme at the partner university. The programme is open to all disciplines and subject areas at universities and universities of applied sciences. There is no restriction regarding the partner countries, with the exception of France – double degree programmes with France will be supported by the Deutsch-Französische Hochschule.
The goal of the programme is to develop and/or establish an integrated international double degree programme with one or several foreign partner universities. The degree programmes are intended to make a lasting contribution to the establishment and expansion of international structures at the German higher education institutions in order to strengthen the exchange of university teachers and students.
Integrated International Degree Programmes with Double Degrees (in German; expired)
Funded projects and participating partners
German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
Section P41 – Internationalisation of Teaching
Head of Section: Tabea Kaiser
Senior Desk Officer: Petra Bercik, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel.: +49 228/882-457
(assigned in alphabetical order by the name of the German university city)
Lara Ensenbach, Email: email@example.com, Tel.: +49 228/882-341
Hannelore Labitoria, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel.: +49 228/882-244
Terese Streier, Email: email@example.com, Tel.: +49 228/882-8804 (Monday–Thursday)
- Documents on the various funding periods
- Forms and templates for project implementation
- Evaluation des DAAD-Programms „Integrierte internationale Studiengänge mit Doppelabschluss – Zusammenfassung (2017)"
- Evaluation of DAAD-Programme „Integrated International Degree Programme with Double Degree – Executive Summary (2017)"
- Examination regulations and cooperation contracts
- Publications on the topic of "Double degrees"
- Documentation on the conference "Integrierte Auslandsmobilität - strukturierte Wirkung” (28–29 September 2017, Berlin)
- Documentation on the conference "Bologna macht mobil - Auslandsmobilität im Fokus” (30 November–1 December 2015, Berlin)
- Documentation on the project manager conference “Abschluss mal Zwei - Anschauungen, Analysen, Ausblicke” (8–9 November 2012, Berlin)