Graduate School Scholarship Programme
Fourth selection round finished
International oriented graduate schools at German universities applied for the Graduate School Scholarship Programm until January 16, 2018. The funding programm for international doctoral candidates at graduate schools called for applications the fourth time since 2012. You can find a list of the selected graduate schools here.
Doctoral education in structured PhD programmes has become an essential part of the qualification process of young academics in Europe and Germany. High quality standards regarding the selection and hosting of doctoral students, as well as an international research environment, create unique perspectives particularly for foreign applicants.
GSSP is no programme doctoral candidates can apply for directly. Only when having applied at a selected graduate programme and having been nominated by the graduate programme participating in the DAAD programme, you will be asked to upload your application documents for GSSP.
Each DAAD scholarship in this programme comprises funding for up to three years, or in a few exceptional cases up to four years. DAAD scholarship holders will be identified by a two-step procedure.
Step One: PhD positions are advertised internationally and - following a selection process - appropriate candidates are nominated for a DAAD scholarship by the hosting programme.
Step Two: The nominees submit an online-application with supporting documentation via the DAAD-portal.
Selected programmes 2018
Please find below a list of all graduate programmes that were selected by DAAD in 2018 to nominate and host international graduate students for 2019 and 2020. The list contains the programme names and shortlinks to the websites of the selected graduate programmes. Applications must be sent directly to the graduate school (for details see the attached list).
List of selected graduate schools 2018 (pdf)
Information for foreign applicants
- The Bayreuth International Graduate School of African Studies (BIGSAS) will admit PhD students to its doctoral programme beginning April 2019. Application deadline: October 1, 2018.
- The Graduate School Natural Hazards and Risks in a Changing World (NatRiskChange) at Potsdam University calls for applications. Application deadline: October 15, 2018.
- The Graduate School Buddhist Studies at Munich University calls for applications. Application deadline: October 31, 2018.
- The The Graduate School Solvation Science (GSS) at Ruhr-University Bochum & TU Dortmund University will admit PhD students to its doctoral programme beginning October 2019. Application deadline: November 15, 2018.
- The Graduate School Practices of Literature (GSPoL) at Münster University calls for applications. Application deadline: November 30, 2018.
German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
Section Research Fellowship Programmes – ST43