International Study and Training Partnerships (ISAP)
International Study and Training Partnerships (ISAP) are institutional cooperative structures between German and international universities, in which groups of highly qualified German and international students can complete a fully recognised part of their degree programme at a partner university.
The expired call for applications for funding from WS 2019/2020 onwards was published on June 14, 2018 (application deadline: October 15, 2018).
Next call for apllications for funding from WS 2020/2021 onwards will be published in the mid of June 2019 (application deadline: mid of October 2019).
ISAP contributes towards the internationalisation of the participating universities by means of institutional cooperative structures, e.g. through the agreement of credit transfer rules, joint curriculum development or the preparation of double degrees.
The partnerships are intended to run for a longer period in principle. The German universities are encouraged to create the foundations for ongoing, mutual exchange by providing an attractive range of programmes for international students.
ISAP can be funded in all subject areas; however, the student exchange must take place within the framework of subject-related partnerships (at institute, subject area or departmental level).
Because the EU mobility programmes have similar objectives, partnerships with universities in Erasmus programme countries cannot be funded under the ISAP programme.
Concrete programme objectives, medium and long-term goals The aim of the programme is the development of ongoing cooperative partnerships between German and international universities through the mutual exchange of students and lecturers.
Call for applications
Funded projects and participating partners
- Overview of all the ISAP projects funded in 2018/2019 (pdf, 0.3 MB)
- Overview of all the ISAP projects funded in 2017/2018 (pdf, 0.2 MB)
- Overview of all the ISAP projects funded in 2016/2017 (pdf, 92 KB)
- Overview of all the ISAP projects funded in 2015/2016 (pdf, 0.1 MB)
- Overview of all the ISAP projects funded in 2014/2015 (pdf, 0.1 MB)
- Overview of all the ISAP projects funded in 2013/2014 (pdf, 54 KB)
German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
Section P13 – Internationalisation Programmes
Head of Section: Tabea Kaiser
Senior Desk Officer: Petra Bercik (ISAP, Double Degree Programme, Bachelor Plus)
Tel.: +49 228 882 457; email: email@example.com
For higher education institution locations A–B
Tel.: +49 228 882 244; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For higher education institution locations C–J
Tel.: +49 228 882 279; email: email@example.com
For higher education institution locations K–Z
Tel.: +49 228 882 452; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Forms and documents for project delivery
- Preparatory trips as part of the ISAP programme
- Kurzbeschreibung des ISAP-Programms (pdf, 0.1 MB)
- Short description of the ISAP programme (pdf, 97 KB)
- Documentation on the conference “Integrierte Auslandsmobilität – strukturierte Wirkung” (28/09/2017–29/09/2017, Berlin) (programme booklet, workshop presentations, photo gallery)
- Documentation on the conference “Bologna macht mobil – Auslandsmobilität im Fokus” (30/11/2015–01/12/2015, Berlin) (programme booklet, workshop presentations, photo gallery)
- Documentation on the ISAP project leader conference “Im Studium vom Ausland Profitieren – Anschauungen, Analysen, Ausblicke” (23–24/09/2013, Berlin) (programme booklet, workshop presentations, short profiles, photo gallery)