Information for Applicants
- Who may apply?
Eligible to apply are German higher education institutions. A German higher education lecturer is to be designated as project coordinator.
- What can be funded?
Within the framework of deficit funding, monies are allocated for travel and accommodations for expert delegations of German higher education lecturers.
Subsidised expenses are:
- International travel expenses for German participants
- National travel expenses abroad
- Accommodations pursuant to German Travel Expenses Act (Bundesreisekostengesetz, BRKG) in association with the foreign cost travel expense decree (Auslandsreisekostenverordnung), receipts required.
- Funding type and funding period
Funding is awarded in the form of a grant agreement, which will be concluded with the higher institution responsible for the project. The maximum funding per Fact Finding Mission amounts to 15,000 Euros per year.
- What is the application closing date?
There is no application closing date. Applications may be submitted at any time through the executive management of the higher education institution or directly by the higher institution management. Applications should be addressed to the DAAD-online-portal (https://portal.daad.de). Processing of the application is expected to be four to six weeks.
- What are the selection criteria?
A selection committee will decide about the funding of applications, which have been filed in an appropriate format and in a timely manner.
Essential criteria for the selection are:
- Recruiting of multipliers, office holders, and responsible coordinators and decision makers
- Integration of higher institution external partners
- Benefits for the partner countries
- Financial planning
- Feasibility, efficiency, networking.
- What are the procedures to submit an application?
The applications will be submitted to the DAAD through the rectorate of the higher education institutions or directly by the management. Only online applications (via https://portal.daad.de) are acceptet.
The application must include the following documents:
- Project description signed by the project coordinator and by the executive management
- Detailed travel programme
- Financial plan submitted using the appropriate form and signed by the project coordinator.