Additional Information on DAAD Study Scholarships in the Field of Architecture
To apply for a DAAD study scholarship in the field of architecture, applicants must submit by post a portfolio of work samples (together with the printed "cover sheet to application" of the "application summary" generated in the portal and the reference).
Depending on the specific field, the following work samples are required:
Architects, including interior designers and landscape architects:
- at least three drafts on a scale appropriate to the object (ground plan, layout, elevation and perspective, on separate sheets). These must include at least one independent (non-group) project (draft, analysis, plan).
Urban and regional planners and landscape planners:
- at least three draft plans. These must include at least one independent (non-group) project (draft, analysis, plan).
- work (such as class papers) demonstrating that applicants have already worked on planning processes.
- Please submit work samples in a DIN A4-sized folder, plans should not be folded.
- Samples on digital media unfortunately cannot be considered.
- In the case of collaborative work or projects, the contribution made by the applicant must be marked or appropriately described.
The submitted work samples will be returned on request after the selection process has been completed.