Fully Funded PhD Positions in Cellular BiophysicsPhD - Individual Supervisor
Frankfurt am Main
15 Jan 2024
15 Sep 2024
15 Sep 2024 for 3 years
15 Jan 2024
Type of Position
PhD - Individual Supervisor
Areas of study
Anthropobiology, Biochemistry, Biology, Biophysics, Human Biology, Biomedicine, Marine Biology, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Zoology, Ecology, Chemistry, Food Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, Macromolecular Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Theoretical Chemistry, Applied Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Medical Informatics, Practical Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Theoretical Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Mathematics, Statistics, Nanotechnology, Nanosciences, Neuroscience, Pharmaceutical Engineering, Pharmacy, Pharmacology, Experimental Physics, Physics, Theoretical Physics, Sustainability Sciences (Ecological), Nature Conservation, Environmental Protection, Environmental Science, Human Medicine, Veterinary Medicine
The International Max Planck Research School on Cellular Biophysics (IMPRS-CBP) invites excellent graduate students in life sciences to apply for fully funded PhD positions.
The IMPRS-CBP is an international doctoral training program hosted by the Max Planck Institute of Biophysics, Goethe University Frankfurt am Main, Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, and Frankfurt Institute of Advanced Studies.
Our mission is to train graduate students to tackle one of the ultimate biological challenges: to gain a complete molecular-level understanding of the cell and its functions.
- A wide range of state-of-the-art techniques in biophysics, e.g. cryo- electron microscopy, NMR, mass spectrometry, high-resolution light microscopy, and large-scale computing
- An interdisciplinary research environment connecting biological sciences (structural biology, cell biology, neurobiology, molecular biology, microbiology, biochemistry, computational biology) with physics, mathematics, and chemistry
- Excellent working conditions with fully funded PhD positions and assistance in all organizational matters
- An outstanding supervision concept with multiple experienced and engaged supervisors
- The opportunity to build lasting networks in a collaborative research environment with ~30 internationally renowned PIs from the participating institutions
- An attractive living environment with the Rhine-Main region around Frankfurt/Main being an international scientific, financial, and cultural hub
- A strong community of PhD students jointly attending graduate courses
- An innovative teaching concept with professional and transferable skills workshops
Find out more about our faculty, equipment, and projects in three lab rotations before starting your doctoral research!
The closing date for applications is January 15, 2024.
Apply via our Online Portal from November 13, 2023: https://imprs-cbp.cloud.opencampus.net/