Funding opportunities for alumni associations
More than 160 alumni associations worldwide connect alumni with each other and with the DAAD. The alumni associations are very important partners for international exchange and a driving force for local alumni activities. The involvement of the alumni associations plays an important part in the sustainability of the DAAD scholarship programs.
The alumni associations are independent organisations. They are autonomous in how they manage their affairs, their constitution and their specific objectives.
Upon application, the DAAD supports the work of the associations. The DAAD may award grants for scientific or topical alumni events, publications and (one-off) IT equipment. This support is conditional to a majority of the members being former DAAD scholarship holders and to the club being recognised under national law.
In addition to financial support, the DAAD also supports the work of the alumni associations as follows:
- Featuring in the database of DAAD alumni associations
- Targeted marketing of the association, its events and services among DAAD alumni
- Community group on the Alumniportal Deutschland for networking and exchange with other representatives of alumni associations
- Events for the representatives of DAAD alumni associations from all over the world
- Information about DAAD offers and services that may be relevant to members and / or the work of the association