Mechatronic Systems Engineering and Product Innovation Summer School Mechatronic Systems Engineering and Product Innovation
RWTH Aachen University • Aachen
- Course location
- Teaching language
- Language level of course
- English: B2
- June - July 2019 (Registration Deadline April 01, 2019)
- Target group
You are a BSc/BE student enrolled at a renowned university, have profound knowledge of the English language and are studying mechanical engineering or a related field.
Ideally, you should have taken classes that address the following areas and thus already have basic knowledge in the following areas: mathematics and basic knowledge in probability theory.
The minimum age to participate is 18. Students should have completed the first year of their studies.
The Summer School will introduce students to the fundamentals and challenges related to the engineering of mechatronic systems as well as product innovation. Mechatronics is an interdisciplinary field of engineering, including mechanical, electrical and software engineering.
As a result, the Summer School is divided into three subject areas. Firstly, fundamental issues in industrial robotics and related mechatronic systems will be explored. Secondly, students establish an understanding of the properties of transmission and information and the relationship between coding and the fundamental limits of information. Finally, a mechatronic system will be systematically developed.
Three institutes conduct the lectures. The Institute of Mechanism Theory, Machine Dynamics and Robotics focuses on mechatronics and robotics. The fundamentals of mechatronic systems engineering are taught by the Institute for Machine Elements and Systems Engineering. The Institute for Theoretical Information Technology covers information theory and coding.
- Average number of hours per week
- Average number of participants per group/course
- Dates and costs
- June - July 2019 (Registration Deadline April 01, 2019), costs: EUR 2,990.00
- This price includes
- Course fees
- Accompanying programme
- Further information on dates and prices.
The course fees amount to 2,990 EUR for the three-week summer school programme.
The course fees include all lectures, laboratory courses and excursions, social events, accommodation, breakfast, lunch, all meals during social events, and a public transport ticket for the duration of the course.
Early Bird Discount: complete your application by 1 March to get a 10% discount on the total fees - in case of admission!
- Teaching language
- Language level of course
- English: B2
- Language requirements
An English language proficiency test is recommended.
Since the programme is taught in English, you need to have sufficient academic English language skills to be able to follow the course.
- Submit application to
- Is accommodation organised?
- Accommodation is arranged by the organiser.
- Type of accommodation
Participants will stay at one of Aachen's hostels, where breakfast will be provided. The rooms accommodate two to four people.
The accommodation is centrally located in the heart of the city and is well served by the city's public transport system.
Students will receive a public transport ticket for the duration of the Summer School for convenient travel within the Aachen city region.
Breakfast and lunch on workdays are included.
- Is a social and leisure programme offered?
- Description of social and leisure programme
Social Events - Have Fun While Studying!
While following an intensive academic programme, participants will experience German culture first hand through an extensive leisure programme, e.g.,:
- Intercultural training
- Participation in the "Buddy Programme"
- Visits to important sights in and around Aachen
- Excursions to nearby cities such as Maastricht or Cologne
- Sporting events
- Barbecues, karaoke and other get-togethers
... and a lot more - enjoy your stay!
- Free internet access
- Support in visa matters
- Pick-up service from train station/airport
RWTH Aachen University
With 260 institutes in nine faculties, RWTH Aachen University is one of Europe's leading institutions for science and research. Currently, around 42,000 students are enrolled in over 100 academic programmes. More than 6,000 of them are international students. The scientific education students receive at RWTH Aachen University is firmly rooted in real-world applications. Our graduates are highly sought after by businesses as trainees and for executive positions.
Aachen, Germany's westernmost city, is located on the borders with Belgium and the Netherlands. Its population is about 240,000. Aachen's historic centre around the distinctive cathedral (UNESCO world heritage site) is characterised by a student lifestyle. On the city's doorsteps, the hilly Eifel landscape with its rivers, lakes and forests offers a picturesque countryside for outdoor recreation.
Aachen benefits greatly from its central location: in the heart of Europe!
Language course/short course
- » Agile Innovation: Product Design meets Engineering Summer School • RWTH Aachen University • Aachen
- » Automation and Simulation Summer School • RWTH Aachen University • Aachen
- » Automotive and Mobility Studies Summer School • RWTH Aachen University • Aachen
- » Bringing Technological Innovations to Market: The Case of E-Mobility Summer School • RWTH Aachen University • Aachen
- » German Engineering, Language and Culture Summer School • RWTH Aachen University • Aachen
- » Production Technology Meets Industry 4.0 Summer School • RWTH Aachen University • Aachen
- » Robotics for Future Industrial Applications Summer School • RWTH Aachen University • Aachen
- » Six Sigma Quality Management Summer School • RWTH Aachen University • Aachen
- » Smart Electrical Power Systems Summer School • RWTH Aachen University • Aachen
- » Smart Factories Winter School • RWTH Aachen University • Aachen
- » Structural Engineering of Industrial Facilities Summer School • RWTH Aachen University • Aachen
- » Supply Chain Management & Logistics Summer School • RWTH Aachen University • Aachen
- » Sustainable Energy Technology Summer School • RWTH Aachen University • Aachen