The International Foundation College at Paderborn University offers specific preparation courses for international students who are interested in studying mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, information technology, industrial engineering, mathematics, computer sciences, physics, or chemistry, etc.
The Foundation College helps high school graduates (secondary school graduates) whose school diploma does not directly entitle to enter a Bachelor's study programme at a German institution of higher education. It offers the necessary courses which, after successful passing of the final assessment exam (Feststellungsprüfung/FSP), give access to these technical and scientific higher education programmes at all German universities and universities of applied sciences.
There are good reasons to choose the International Foundation College Paderborn. Our advantages are:
- A diploma that is recognised at all German universities and universities of applied sciences
- State-approved assessment test (”Feststellungsprüfung”) at Paderborn University
- Learning environment with modern classrooms and laboratories
- Well-equipped accommodations near the campus of the university
- Highly qualified, friendly teachers with a lot of professional experience
- Awarded with the quality label "Training - Made in Germany" by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research
- Guaranteed place of study for our graduates in an admission free Bachelor's programme at Paderborn University
- The only foundation college in North Rhine-Westphalia that cooperates with a state-owned German university
- Semester ticket for free use of public transportation throughout North Rhine-Westphalia as well as interesting excursions