Here you can find information on various kinds of DAAD funding for foreign students, graduates and postdocs as well as on funding offered by other selected organisations.
Re-invitation Programme for Former Scholarship Holders • DAAD
|Country of Origin:||
The scholarship for this programme is restricted to certain countries of origin. You can find an explanation for this on the details page of the scholarship programme under the application requirements.
Restricted to the following disciplines:
Eine Druckversion dieser Ausschreibung (PDF) steht Ihnen in den weiteren Registerkarten (z.B. „Bewerbungsvoraussetzungen“) zur Verfügung.
A print version of this announcement (PDF) is available in the further tabs (e.g. “Application requirements”).
DAAD grants offer students and academics and scientists the opportunity to carry out research and continue their education in Germany. There are funding programmes for various qualification phases and stages in a career.
The aim of this programme is to enable former scholarship holders to carry out research and working projects in Germany and to maintain contacts as part of DAAD's global alumni network.
Who can apply?
- Former holders of DAAD research grants or study scholarships, who were funded for a period of over six months
- Former East German scholarship holders who studied for at least one year in Germany
What can be funded?
- Research and working projects at state or state-recognised institutions of higher education or non-university research institutes in Germany
- Working stays at an institution in business, administration, culture or media for former scholarship holders who work outside the science sector.
- A research or working visit can also take place at several host institutions.
- Funding may only be claimed once within three years.
Duration of the funding
- One to three months; the length of the grant is decided by a selection committee and depends on the project in question and the applicant's work schedule.
- The grant is non-renewable.
- Monthly payments of
2,000 euros for assistant teachers, assistant professors and lecturers
2,150 euros for professors
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding.
- Other payments cannot be made.
An independent selection committee reviews applications.
The most important selection criteria are:
- Academic achievements and, if applicable, publications, which must be documented in the curriculum vitae and a list of publications
- A convincing and well-planned research or work project
- In the case of working stays outside the science sector, particular attention is paid to the following questions:
- Will the stay in Germany have a sustainable effect on your professional activity?
- Can you expect it to have multiplier effects, for example, in the form of planned publications?
- Will your stay in Germany promote existing cooperations?
What requirements must be met?
- Applicants must have returned to their home country at least three years previously.
- The research or working project must be coordinated with a cooperation partner in Germany.
The application procedure occurs online through the DAAD portal. The access to the DAAD portal opens about 6 weeks before the application deadline.
To apply, please select the call for applications for this programme in the scholarship database (www.funding-guide.de). From here, you can enter the portal by clicking the tab "Submitting an application".
Documents to be uploaded to the DAAD portal
- Online application form
- Full curriculum vitae in tabular form (max. 3 pages)
- If necessary, list of academic publications
- Comprehensive statement about research or working project (max. 10 pages)
- Time schedule and itinerary (host institutions / cooperation partners) of planned research or working visit
- Letter from host institution confirming academic cooperation, which refers to the applicant's proposal and guarantees that the project will be supervised and a workplace provided
November 15th for stays that start between June and November of the following year;
April 30th for scholarships that start between December of the same year and May of the following year
Botschaft der Bundesrepublik Deutschland
Ambasada Republicii Federale Germania
Kulturreferat / DAAD Scholarships
Av. Capitan Gheorghe Demetriade 6-8
WWW: Deutsche Botschaft Bukarest
- Your application is only valid if you submit all the required documents to the DAAD portal on time.
- (If documents are to be submitted by post, please send them as soon as possible.)
- The DAAD portal closes at 24.00 hrs. Central European Time (CET) on the last application day.
- Late or incomplete applications cannot be considered. Applicants are responsible for ensuring that their applications are complete.
- The application documents remain with the DAAD. Data relating to applicants is saved by the DAAD in accordance with the Federal Data Protection Act and with the EU Data Protection Regulation insofar as this data is needed to process the application.
Contact and Consulting
Information and advisory centres
DAAD Information Centre Bukarest
Str. Buzesti 61, BL. A6, ap.59
Tel.: +40 (21) /3101-540
For further information and support you can also contact the DAAD lector at your University or close to your University town (the list on www.daad.ro).
More detailed information
- Frequently asked questions (FAQ) on DAAD-Scholarships
Submitting an application
General information on the application via DAAD portal
You can access the DAAD portal by clicking "Application portal" at the end of the page. Here you will find an online application form in which you can enter your application data.
This is what you have to do:
Register in the DAAD portal (Read notes about registering in the portal >>)
Applying online in the DAAD portal (Read notes on applying in the portal >>)
- Download and complete the online application form
- Prepare application documents
- If necessary, translate documents (unless they are already in German or English).
- Scan paper documents (except references) and save in PDF format. Please note that you can only upload PDF files to the portal.
- Upload the completed application form and the required appendices (except references and any work samples which you might have to submit) to the portal in PDF format. Translations, if applicable, should be uploaded together with the document issued in the original language.
- Submit the uploaded application documents online.
Information for applicants from non-EU countries:
Please remember to specify the exact contents of your postal consignment in the documents for the customs authorities, e.g. "Application for a scholarship with application documents, a reference and a DVD with work samples (no commercial goods, no merchandise value, no insurable value)".
If you have any technical questions or problems your local information and advice centres could not help you with, please do not hesitate to contact our technical Portal hotline: +49 (0228) 882-8888 or via e-mail email@example.com, open every weekday from 9.00 am to 12.00 pm and from 2.00 pm to 4.00 pm (CET).
Please consider this when you are planning your application.