Here you can find information on various kinds of DAAD funding for foreign students, graduates and postdocs as well as on funding offered by other selected organisations.
Third Country Scholarships for Postgraduate Studies for Students from Palestine and Yemen • DAAD
|Country of Origin:||
The scholarship for this programme is restricted to certain countries of origin. You can find an explanation for this on the details page of the scholarship programme under the application requirements.
Restricted to the following disciplines:
Eine Druckversion dieser Ausschreibung (PDF) steht Ihnen in den weiteren Registerkarten (z.B. „Bewerbungsvoraussetzungen“) zur Verfügung.
A print version of this announcement (PDF) is available in the further tabs (e.g. “Application requirements”).
The grants offer Palestinian and Yemeni graduates the chance to gain a Master's degree at a Jordanian university.
Who can apply?
The programme is primarily aimed at highly-qualified university graduates aiming at a university career in their home country.
What can be funded?
The programme allows students to take Master's degree programmes at a state or state-recognised private university in Jordan.
Only Yemeni students may study medicine.
Duration of the funding
Two years for regular study programmes in Jordan and max. three years for programmes in dentistry in Jordan.
- Monthly payments of 568 EUR in Jordan
- Payments towards health insurance
- Travel allowance depending on country of origin
- Monthly family allowances for spouses
- Tuition fees
A selection committee at the DAAD reviews applications.
What requirements must be met?
- Applications are open to candidates already holding an excellent or expected to gain an excellent Bachelor's degree (BA or BSc) and who would like to gain a Master's degree (MA or MSc), primarily in natural sciences or engineering subject areas. Candidates wishing to study dentistry must hold a BA degree of at least 80 percent to get an admission at the university. Besides the above-mentioned degree, applicants must pass the university entrance exams and need to get an admission to a Master course in the Thesis Track before the scholarship will come into effect.
- No more than 6 years must have passed since the applicants gained the BA or BSc degree.
Good knowledge of English (TOEFL iBT Test Result with at least 79 (550) or IELTS with at least 6.5). The test should have been taken no longer than two years before the time of application. Please check the homepage of the university of your choice to find out the specific language requirements. Candidates who wish to apply to a Jordanian university should be aware that they have to take the language test a second time because Jordanian universities do not accept foreign language tests.
- The Jordanian universities only accept tests of the British Council or AMIDEAST.
- The application procedure occurs online through the DAAD portal. You are also required to send 1 copy of the "Application summary" (PDF file), which is generated in the DAAD portal after the online application procedure has been completed, and other appendices by post to the application address.
- Please note that the access to the application portal only appears while the current application period is running. After the application deadline has expired, the portal for this programme is not available until the next application period.
- The access to the DAAD portal generally opens about 6 weeks before the application deadline at the latest.
Certificates, proof of credits, certifications and translations may be scanned in non-certified form and uploaded to the DAAD portal. DAAD's Head Office in Bonn will only request certified copies of the submitted documents in paper form if a grant is awarded!
1. Documents to be uploaded to the DAAD Portal
- Online application form
- Motivation letter (1 to 3 pages)
- Full curriculum vitae in tabular form (max. 3 pages)
- List of publications (max. 10 pages), if applicable
- University degree certificate indicating final grade(s): the certificate must be subsequently submitted before the preselection if it is not available at the time of application.
- Other documents which support your application (example: certificates of employment, proof of placements, etc. )
- German or English translations of documents submitted in the national language
- Copy of school-leaving certificate which entitles holders to study at a university in the home country (with all individual grades)
- All university certificates on all annual examinations with individual grade(s), incl. explanation of grading system.
- TOEFL or IELTS test (not older than 2 years)
- The "Application summary", which is generated in the portal in PDF format and which can be printed out after the online application procedure is completed; please send 1 copy/copies to the application address
- One recent reference from a university teacher which provides information about your qualifications; please enclose one copy of the reference in a sealed envelope with each copy of your application. Please regard the instructions given on the tab "Submitting an application“.
Information Center East Jerusalem
P.O. Box 20039
Tel.: 009722 / 6262106
Fax: 009722 / 6262108
- Your application is only valid if you submit all the required documents to the DAAD portal (see Item 1) and by post (see Item 2). The postmark date serves as proof that the application has been dispatched on time.
- The DAAD portal closes at 24.00 hrs. Central European Time (CET) on the last application day.
- Late or incomplete applications cannot be considered. Applicants are responsible for ensuring that their applications are complete.
- The application documents remain with the DAAD. Data relating to applicants is saved by the DAAD in accordance with the Federal Data Protection Act insofar as this data is needed to process applications.
Contact and Consulting
Information and advisory centres
Information Centre East Jerusalem
P.O. Box 20039
phone.: 009722 / 6262106
fax: 009722 / 6262108
Submitting an application
General information on the application via DAAD portal
You can access the DAAD portal by clicking "Application portal" at the end of the page. Here you will find an online application form in which you can enter your application data.
This is what you have to do:
1. Register in the DAAD portal (Read notes about registering in the portal)
2. Request references (if necessary according to the call for proposals, see "Application procedure")
The form, which has to be completed by a referee, has to be generated in the DAAD portal in the section "Request reference" after registration and downloaded. Please send the form by e-mail to your referee and ask for the completed reference form to be returned to you in a sealed envelope. In each case, please provide your referee with the application address thus enabling him/her to send the recommendation letter there direct.
Please note that the form for completion by a referee can only be generated during the application period (from about 6 weeks before the application deadline).
Please generate one form for each referee.
3. Applying online in the DAAD Portal (Read notes on applying in the Portal
- Download and complete the online application form
- Prepare application documents
- If necessary, translate documents (unless they are already in German or English).
- Scan paper documents (except references) and save in PDF format. Please note that you can only upload PDF files to the portal.
- Upload the completed application form and the required appendices (except references and any work samples which you might have to submit) to the portal in PDF format. Translations, if applicable, should be uploaded together with the document issued in the original language.
- Submit the uploaded application documents online.
4. Sending application documents by post
Submit the printed "Application summary" – if necessary with several copies (see "Application procedure/Application documents") by post. Please do not enclose any other documents that have not been uploaded to the portal with the printed "Application summary" – except the required references (in sealed envelopes) and a work sample if applicable!
Information for applicants from non-EU countries:
Please remember to specify the exact contents of your postal consignment in the documents for the customs authorities, e.g. "Application for a scholarship with application documents, a reference and a DVD with work samples (no commercial goods)".
If you have any technical questions or problems your local information and advice centres could not help you with, please do not hesitate to contact our technical Portal hotline: +49 (0228) 882-888 or via e-mail email@example.com, open every weekday from 9.00 am to 12.00 pm and from 2.00 pm to 4.00 pm (CET).
Please consider this when you are planning your application.