Here you can find information on various kinds of DAAD funding for foreign students, graduates and postdocs as well as on funding offered by other selected organisations.
Drittlandstipendien für Graduierte aus Bangladesch und Nepal für ein Master-Studium • DAAD
|Country of Origin:||
The scholarship for this programme is restricted to certain countries of origin. You can find an explanation for this on the details page of the scholarship programme under the application requirements.
Restricted to the following disciplines:
Eine Druckversion dieser Ausschreibung (PDF) steht Ihnen in den weiteren Registerkarten (z.B. „Bewerbungsvoraussetzungen“) zur Verfügung.
A print version of this announcement (PDF) is available in the further tabs (e.g. “Application requirements”).
To do a Master’s degree (M.Tech.) in following study programmes at the Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IITB), India:
- Energy Systems Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Environmental Science and Engineering
- Water Resource Engineering
- Technology and Development
Who can apply?
Very well qualified graduates (4 years Bachelors) from Bangladesh and Nepal
What can be funded?
Selected 2 years Master course at IIT Bombay, India
Duration of the funding
The scholarship will initially be awarded for one year only; thereafter extension for the second year will be granted only after assessment of individual performance by IITB as per existent IITB norms and approval by DAAD. The maximum period of funding for Master studies will be two academic years.
- Stipend of € 212 per month
- Annual Study and research subsidy
- Final thesis subsidy
- Admission and tuition fees
- Compulsory health insurance
- Travel allowance toward return air fare from home country to India
Applicants must apply simultaneously to IITB for admission and to DAAD New Delhi for scholarship. Only applicants who are selected by IITB for admission are eligible for a DAAD scholarship.
The final decision about the selection will be announced at the end of May 2019.
What requirements must be met?
1. Applicants have to fulfill the requirements for the Master programme they are applying for. For detailed information refer to the point „Contact and Consulting“
2. In addition for DAAD scholarship applicants have to fulfill the following requirements:
- There should not be a gap of more than 6 years between the award of last degree and application deadline
- Candidates must be Bangladeshi / Nepali nationals.
English language skills:
TOEFL- paper based 580 overall and 4.0 in the Test of Written English; computer based 240 overall and 4.0 in essay writing; internet based 95 overall and 20 in writing
IELTS- 6 or more in each section and an overall score of 6.5
1. Admission to IIT Bombay:
updated weblink will be announced soon
2. Application for DAAD scholarship:
The application procedure occurs online through the DAAD portal. You are also required to send one copy of the "Application summary" (PDF file), which is generated in the DAAD portal after the online application procedure has been completed, and the required two recent references from university teachers by post to the Regional Office in New Delhi.
Please note: The first and last name filled in the application form should be identical to the name in the passport.
Please note that the access to the application portal only appears while the current application period is running. After the application deadline has expired, the portal for this programme is not available until the next application period. The access to the DAAD portal generally opens about 6 weeks before the application deadline at the latest.
1. Documents to be uploaded to the DAAD portal :
- Full curriculum vitae in tabular form (max. 3 pages)
- Detailed letter of Motivation
- A recent TOEFL/IELTS certificate
- School leaving certificate*
- Academic transcripts*
- Awarded academic degrees*
2. To be submitted by post:
- The "Application summary", which is generated in the portal in PDF format and which can be printed out after the online application procedure is completed; please send 1 copy to the application address
- Two references from university teachers which provide information about your qualifications. Please regard the instructions given on the tab "Submitting an application“.
The referee’s title and academic status should be clearly indicated in this (with official rubber-stamp). These should be confidential (in sealed envelopes) and should be recent-dated.
- Your application is only valid if you submit all the required documents to the DAAD portal (see Item 1) and by post (see Item 2). The postmark date serves as proof that the application has been dispatched on time.
- The DAAD portal closes at 24.00 hrs. Central European Time (CET) on the last application day.
- Late or incomplete applications cannot be considered. Applicants are responsible for ensuring that their applications are complete.
- The application documents remain with the DAAD. Data relating to applicants is saved by the DAAD in accordance with the Federal Data Protection Act insofar as this data is needed to process the application.
Only complete applications submitted simultaneously to IIT Bombay for the admission to the Masters programme and to DAAD New Delhi for the scholarship will be considered.
It is mandatory for the selected M.Tech candidates to perform Teaching Assistant (TA) duties of 8 hrs per week at IIT Bombay.
The deadline for submission of applications at IITB and at DAAD New Delhi office is 15th January 2019.
1. Application for admission to the Master programme at IIT Bombay must be submitted to:
Dy. Registrar / Asst. Registrar (Academic)
2nd floor, Main Building
Powai, Mumbai – 400 076
(please superscribe on the envelope “International Student Application”)
2. Application for the DAAD scholarship must be submitted to:
German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
Regional Office New Delhi
Ms Pooja Midha
3rd Floor, South Block
R.K. Khanna Stadium
1 Africa Avenue
New Delhi -– 110029
Contact and Consulting
Information and advisory centres
German Academic Exchange Service
Regional Office New Delhi
Ms Pooja Midha
3rd Floor, South Block
R.K. Khanna Stadium
1 Africa Avenue
New Delhi – 110029
Board Number: +91 11 66465500 (Ext.: 511)
More detailed information
Submitting an application
General information on the application via DAAD portal
You can access the DAAD portal by clicking "Application portal" at the end of the page. Here you will find an online application form in which you can enter your application data.
This is what you have to do:
1. Register in the DAAD Portal (Read notes about registering in the portal)
2. Request references (if necessary according to the call for proposals, see "Application procedure")
The form, which has to be completed by a referee, has to be generated in the DAAD portal in the section "Request reference" after registration and downloaded. Please send the form by e-mail to your referee and ask for the completed reference form to be returned to you in a sealed envelope. In each case, please provide your referee with the application address thus enabling him/her to send the recommendation letter there direct.
Please note that the form for completion by a referee can only be generated during the application period (from about 6 weeks before the application deadline).
Please generate one form for each referee.
References are confidential and should not be read by the applicant. The unopened envelope should be enclosed with the printed "Application summary" generated in the portal (see Item 4). Please note: If the call for proposals requires you to send several copies of your application by post to the application address (see "Application documents" in the section "Application procedure"), you will also need several copies of your reference in several envelopes, which you must then enclose with your printed "Application summary".
3. Applying online in the DAAD Portal (Read notes on applying in the portal)
- Download and complete the online application form
- Prepare application documents
- If necessary, translate documents (unless they are already in German or English).
- Scan paper documents (except references) and save in PDF format. Please note that you can only upload PDF files to the portal.
- Upload the completed application form and the required appendices (except references and any work samples which you might have to submit) to the portal in PDF format. Translations, if applicable, should be uploaded together with the document issued in the original language.
- Submit the uploaded application documents online.
Sending application documents by post
Submit the printed "Application summary" – if necessary with several copies (see "Application procedure/Application documents") by post. Please do not enclose any other documents that have not been uploaded to the portal with the printed "Application summary" – except the required references (in sealed envelopes) and a work sample if applicable!
Information for applicants from non-EU countries:
Please remember to specify the exact contents of your postal consignment in the documents for the customs authorities, e.g. "Application for a scholarship with application documents, a reference and a DVD with work samples (no commercial goods)".
If you have any technical questions or problems your local information and advice centres could not help you with, please do not hesitate to contact our technical Portal hotline: +49 (0228) 882-8888 or via e-mail email@example.com, open every weekday from 9.00 am to 12.00 pm and from 2.00 pm to 4.00 pm.
Please consider this when you are planning your application.