Here you can find information on various kinds of DAAD funding for foreign students, graduates and postdocs as well as on funding offered by other selected organisations.
Heinrich Böll Foundation: Student Scholarship
Eine Druckversion dieser Ausschreibung (PDF) steht Ihnen in den weiteren Registerkarten (z.B. „Bewerbungsvoraussetzungen“) zur Verfügung.
A print version of this announcement (PDF) is available in the further tabs (e.g. “Application requirements”).
Students from any discipline and higher-education institution are invited to apply for the scholarship by the Foundation, which is closely associated with the German Green Party. Candidates have a positive attitude towards green ideals, excellent school grades and academic standing and are socially and politically involved. They are tomorrow's experts and leaders, prepared to take responsibility and advocate the Foundation's green ideals in an international context: the concepts of sustainability, self-determination, equal opportunities and justice as well as the encouragement of human rights and the promotion of a democratic culture.
The scholarship is geared to particularly gifted students from Germany and abroad. Applicants from any discipline and higher-education institution are eligible for funding: talented students showing excellent promise for future academic and professional careers. Moreover, applicants show involvement in line with the values of green policy.
admission to master degree course at a state or state-recognized institution of higher education in Germany
Number of Scholarships
The Heinrich Böll Foundation funds scholarships for about 1,000 students and post-doctoral candidates every year.
Funding generally covers the standard study period with the option to apply for renewal for one semester.
Please find further information on the current funding here
application forms and further information on the application procedure here
1 March and 1 September of each year
- Proof of the required level of German language (B2 oder DSH)
- excellent school grades and academic standing; if requested, first graded proofs of academic achievements
- social engagement and interest in politics
- (self)-reflective, goal-oriented, creative personalities in their own right with inter-cultural and gender-democratic competences
- identification with the goals of the Foundation
- responsible, motivated, reliable individuals willing to play an active role in the Foundation's work