Here you can find information on various kinds of DAAD funding for foreign students, graduates and postdocs as well as on funding offered by other selected organisations.
In-Country/In-Region Scholarship Programme Kenya • DAAD
|Country of Origin:||
The scholarship for this programme is restricted to certain countries of origin. You can find an explanation for this on the details page of the scholarship programme under the application requirements.
Restricted to the following disciplines:
Eine Druckversion dieser Ausschreibung (PDF) steht Ihnen in den weiteren Registerkarten (z.B. „Bewerbungsvoraussetzungen“) zur Verfügung.
A print version of this announcement (PDF) is available in the further tabs (e.g. “Application requirements”).
Postgraduate training in a field with strong relevance to national development aiming at university staff development and public sector demand of academically trained personnel.
Who can apply?
Nationals or permanent residents of a Sub-Saharan African country.
Female candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
What can be funded?
Master and PhD studies
Duration of the funding
Up to two years for the Master’s; up to three years for the PhD
- Monthly allowance
- Study and research allowance
- University fees
Only applicable for In-Region scholarship holders:
- Travel allowance
- Complete applications have to be submitted to the DAAD Regional Office for Africa in Nairobi.
- The pre-selection will take place in Nairobi, the final selection at the DAAD head office in Bonn, Germany.
DAAD Regional Office Nairobi
Partner institutions are:
What requirements must be met?
Applicants have to
- be a staff member of a public or fully chartered private university OR candidate considered for teaching OR research staff recruitment OR from the public sector aiming at a Master or a PhD OR DAFI-Alumni (Albert Einstein Academic Refugee Initiative).
- have completed their last degree not more than six years ago at the time of application.
- The application procedure occurs online through the DAAD portal. You are also required to send ##Exemplare## copy/copies of the "Application summary" (PDF file), which is generated in the DAAD portal after the online application procedure has been completed, and other appendices by post to the application address.
- Please note that the "Submitting an application" tab in the scholarship database only appears while the current application period is running. After the application deadline has expired, the portal for this programme is not available until the next application period.
- The access to the DAAD portal opens about 6 weeks before the application deadline.
Application form together with all necessary attachments
Please refer to the information provided by the DAAD Regional Office Nairobi
DAAD Regional Office for Africa, Nairobi, Kenya.
DAAD-offices and Information Centres
- Your application is only valid if you submit all the required documents to the DAAD portal (see Item 1) and by post (see Item 2). The postmark date serves as proof that the application has been dispatched on time.
- The DAAD portal closes at 24.00 hrs. Central European Time (CET) on the last application day.
- Late or incomplete applications cannot be considered. Applicants are responsible for ensuring that their applications are complete.
- The application documents remain with the DAAD. Data relating to applicants is saved by the DAAD in accordance with the Federal Data Protection Act insofar as this data is needed to process applications.
Please select your status and your country of origin to enable you to submit an application
Your status and/or country of origin is not in the list? If your status and/or country of origin is not included in the list, you cannot apply for this scholarship programme. To ensure that only scholarship programmes for which you are eligible to apply are shown, please select your status and your country of origin in the results list (left-hand column).