Here you can find information on various kinds of DAAD funding for foreign students, graduates and postdocs as well as on funding offered by other selected organisations.
Rosa Luxemburg Foundation: International PhD Scholarship
Eine Druckversion dieser Ausschreibung (PDF) steht Ihnen in den weiteren Registerkarten (z.B. „Bewerbungsvoraussetzungen“) zur Verfügung.
A print version of this announcement (PDF) is available in the further tabs (e.g. “Application requirements”).
The RLF is a political educational organisation closely affiliated with DIE LINKE (The Left Party) which awards scholarships to international students planning to obtain a doctorate or carry out a doctoral research project in Germany. The sponsorship is based upon the Foundation's political values, social justice and solidarity in particular. Each scholarship is worth EUR 1,200 per month, in addition to a mobility allowance of EUR 100 as well as an ancillary payment of EUR 20 as an additional benefit.
particularly gifted international doctoral candidates from any discipline and type of higher-education institution with a promising topic for a doctoral thesis who can identify with and are committed to the democratic socialism and its values
- admission to a state or state-recognized higher-education institution in Germany or abroad
- proof of proficiency in German at a B 2 level
two years with the option to extend the period twice for six months for academic or technical reasons, and up to another year due to illness, disability or parental leave; maximum funding period: four years
- Doctoral candidates receive a grant of EUR 1,200 each month plus a mobility allowance and an ancillary payment of EUR 20 as an additional benefit.
Further information on the application procedure can be found here
- Enrolment at a German university or at a university abroad
- Supervision by a German Professor or lecturer in Germany
- very good graduate degree
- social engagement in line with the values of the Rosa Luxemburg Foundation
- proficiency in German at a B 2 level at least (proof required)
Please select your status and your country of origin to enable you to submit an application
Your status and/or country of origin is not in the list? If your status and/or country of origin is not included in the list, you cannot apply for this scholarship programme. To ensure that only scholarship programmes for which you are eligible to apply are shown, please select your status and your country of origin in the results list (left-hand column).