Here you can find information on various kinds of DAAD funding for foreign students, graduates and postdocs as well as on funding offered by other selected organisations.
Ministry for Education, Science and Culture of Mecklenburg-West Pomerania: PhD Scholarships and Caspar-David-Friedrich Scholarships (CDF)
Ministry for Education, Science and Culture of Mecklenburg-West Pomerania
When you have selected a scholarship and a higher education institution, please contact the institution of your choice.
Eine Druckversion dieser Ausschreibung (PDF) steht Ihnen in den weiteren Registerkarten (z.B. „Bewerbungsvoraussetzungen“) zur Verfügung.
A print version of this announcement (PDF) is available in the further tabs (e.g. “Application requirements”).
Higher-education graduates of outstanding academic merit who plan to complete a doctoral programme or carry out an artistic development project at a higher-education institution in Mecklenburg-West Pomerania are welcome to apply. The PhD scholarships are awarded to graduates with excellent academic achievements who have been admitted to a doctoral programme and are mentored by a PhD advisor at a higher-education institution of the Federal Land. The Caspar-David-Friedrich scholarships aim at sponsoring artists who wish to carry out an artistic development project. Applications are called for and awarded by the single higher-education institutions. Candidates should therefore directly contact the institution of their choice. The sponsorship amount is of EUR 1,100 for junior researchers and of EUR 1,000 for artists; if necessary, scholars will receive a child allowance.
- graduates of outstanding academic merit who have been admitted to a doctoral programme and are mentored by a PhD advisor (professor or similar) at a higher-education institution in Mecklenburg-West Pomerania
- artists with a higher-education degree who wish to carry out an artistic development project at a higher-education institution in Mecklenburg-West Pomerania
higher-education degree for the CDF scholarships and admission to a doctoral programme for the PhD scholarships
two years, the term may be extended by a further year in justified exceptional cases
- standard funding for junior researchers: EUR 1,100
- standard funding for artists in the CDF programme: EUR 1,000
- monthly family allowance, if necessary: EUR 150 for the first child and EUR 100 for each additional child
Candidates are requested to directly contact the higher-education institution of their choice for detailed information on the scholarships, application forms and procedures. Please find a list of the relevant higher-education institutions in Mecklenburg-West Pomerania here searching by the keyword 'Stipendien' under the subitem 'Förderfibel - Recherche'.
Calls for application and deadlines for doctoral projects of the Mecklenburg-West Pomerania institutions of higher education are announced on the single institutions' websites (see formal requirements).
Persons eligible to apply for sponsorship of preparation for a doctorate
- have completed a degree allowing admission to a doctorate.
- provide proof of well above-average academic study and examination achievements (special qualification).
- have been admitted to a doctorate at an institution of higher education in Mecklenburg-West Pomerania, receive academic supervision by a professor or higher-education lecturer there and intend to conduct an academic project promising to make an important contribution to research or
- intend to conduct an academic project promising to increase the competitiveness of the economy of the Federal Land.
Persons eligible to apply for a Caspar-David-Friedrich scholarship for an artistic development project
- have completed a degree at an art college or a comparable degree.
- are particularly qualified for conduction of the project to be supported on account of outstanding academic study and examination achievements.
- intend to conduct a project promising to make an important contribution to the further development of artistic forms and means of expression.
- are able to provide proof of admission for this project at an institution of higher education in Mecklenburg-West Pomerania and receive artistic supervision by a professor of this institution of higher education.
Please select your status and your country of origin to enable you to submit an application
Your status and/or country of origin is not in the list? If your status and/or country of origin is not included in the list, you cannot apply for this scholarship programme. To ensure that only scholarship programmes for which you are eligible to apply are shown, please select your status and your country of origin in the results list (left-hand column).