Here you can find information on various kinds of DAAD funding for foreign students, graduates and postdocs as well as on funding offered by other selected organisations.
Klassik Stiftung Weimar: Weimar Awards
Eine Druckversion dieser Ausschreibung (PDF) steht Ihnen in den weiteren Registerkarten (z.B. „Bewerbungsvoraussetzungen“) zur Verfügung.
A print version of this announcement (PDF) is available in the further tabs (e.g. “Application requirements”).
The Weimar Awards promote graduates, post-doctoral researchers and scientists of professorial level wishing to benefit from the Weimar collections for their research. The award holders are welcome to work in all the Foundation's institutions, in particular the Goethe and Schiller Archive, the Duchess Anna Amalia Library and the museums. The Classics Foundation funds support over a maximum period of six months with varying stipends: graduates receive EUR 1,000, post-doctoral researchers EUR 1,500 and award holders in residence are granted a sum of EUR 500 each month. Awardees are invited to participate in all scientific and cultural events hosted by the Classics Foundation. Moreover, scientific colloquia furthering interdisciplinary exchange are held on a regular basis.
- Postgraduate scholarships are aimed at academics with an above-average degree who are able to demonstrate a conceptual relation between the research project to be conducted in Weimar and their dissertation or equivalent academic work.
- Junior researchers who have fully completed doctoral studies, hold a PhD and have published work in relevant specialized journals are eligible for application for a postdoctoral scholarship.
- Residential scholarships are intended for postgraduates, doctorate holders or academics qualified to lecture in higher education, whose monthly net income exceeds EUR 1,500, including during the period of time for which the Weimar scholarship is being applied for.
degree course, doctoral studies or post-doctoral qualification for professorship
maximum period of sponsorship: six months
The monthly funding level currently amounts to:
- EUR 1,000 for postgraduate scholarships
- EUR 1,500 for post-doctoral scholarships
- EUR 500 for residential scholarships
Application forms and details on the application procedure are available here
31 January and 31 July of each year
- easily recognisable connection between the research project and the material in the Classics Foundation collections
- academic qualification of the applicant
- project must be of relevance for academic research
Please select your status and your country of origin to enable you to submit an application
Your status and/or country of origin is not in the list? If your status and/or country of origin is not included in the list, you cannot apply for this scholarship programme. To ensure that only scholarship programmes for which you are eligible to apply are shown, please select your status and your country of origin in the results list (left-hand column).