Here you can find information on various kinds of DAAD funding for foreign students, graduates and postdocs as well as on funding offered by other selected organisations.
Helmholtz International Graduate School for Cancer Research: PhD Programme
Eine Druckversion dieser Ausschreibung (PDF) steht Ihnen in den weiteren Registerkarten (z.B. „Bewerbungsvoraussetzungen“) zur Verfügung.
A print version of this announcement (PDF) is available in the further tabs (e.g. “Application requirements”).
International students holding a Master’s degree in (molecular) biology, (bio-)chemistry, (bio-)physics, computational biology, computer science, epidemiology/public health studies and related subjects can apply for the International PhD Program.
PhD students are supported by a Thesis Advisory Committee, participate in scientific and professional skills courses, attend international conferences and receive career development support. The language of the PhD program is English. Full funding is provided for the duration of the PhD, either by the DKFZ, third party sources or in collaboration with the DAAD within their Graduate School Scholarship Program.
Research at the DKFZ is organized into the following programs with a lot of interaction and interdisciplinary PhD projects available across different topics:
- link|https://www.dkfz.de/en/forschung/schwerpunkte/fsp-a.php?campaign=phd/stipend|Cell Biology and Tumor Biology
- link|https://www.dkfz.de/en/forschung/schwerpunkte/fsp-b.php?campaign=phd/stipend|Functional and Structural Genomics
- link|https://www.dkfz.de/en/forschung/schwerpunkte/fsp-c.php?campaign=phd/stipend|Cancer Risk Factors and Prevention
- link|https://www.dkfz.de/en/forschung/schwerpunkte/fsp-d.php?campaign=phd/stipend|Tumor Immunology
- link|https://www.dkfz.de/en/forschung/schwerpunkte/fsp-e.php?campaign=phd/stipend|Imaging and Radiooncology
- link|https://www.dkfz.de/en/forschung/schwerpunkte/fsp-f.php?campaign=phd/stipend|Infection, Inflammation and Cancer
- link|https://www.dkfz.de/en/forschung/schwerpunkte/fsp-g.php?campaign=phd/stipend|Translational Cancer Research
Internationals holding a Master’s degree in the natural sciences who wish to obtain a doctorate in the field of cancer research.
Master of Science (MSc) or academic equivalent
Number of Scholarships
30 to 40 PhD positions per year
All PhD positions at the DKFZ are fully funded for three years. The salaries are competitive by national and international standards in this field.
You will find the online application system as well as information on the application procedure here
Application deadlines are 5 January and 31 May of each year.
- higher-education qualification: Master of Science (MSc) or academic equivalent
- very good school and academic records
- very good proficiency in English
- two letters of recommendation
Please select your status and your country of origin to enable you to submit an application
Your status and/or country of origin is not in the list? If your status and/or country of origin is not included in the list, you cannot apply for this scholarship programme. To ensure that only scholarship programmes for which you are eligible to apply are shown, please select your status and your country of origin in the results list (left-hand column).