Here you can find information on various kinds of DAAD funding for foreign students, graduates and postdocs as well as on funding offered by other selected organisations.
Catholic Academic Exchange Service (KAAD): Scholarship Programme 1
Eine Druckversion dieser Ausschreibung (PDF) steht Ihnen in den weiteren Registerkarten (z.B. „Bewerbungsvoraussetzungen“) zur Verfügung.
A print version of this announcement (PDF) is available in the further tabs (e.g. “Application requirements”).
The KAAD is the scholarship institution of the Catholic Church in Germany. Applicants are therefore of catholic denomination: post-graduates or academics who already have work experience and plan to do post-graduate studies or spend a period of research at a higher-education institution in Germany (two to six months for researchers). If recommended by the local churches, also non-Christian candidates are eligible for funding. In general, applications are submitted to the partner committees in the candidates' home countries. The programme is open to applicants from developing or transition countries in Africa, Asia, the Middle East or Latin America.
post-graduates with excellent academic merit or academics who already have work experience from developing or transition countries in Africa, Asia, the Middle East or Latin America. Candidates are of catholic denomination and plan to do post-graduate studies or carry out a research project in Germany. If recommended by the local churches, also non-Christian candidates are eligible for funding.
Master's course, doctorate or post-doctoral studies
The KAAD cooperates with the single focus- and partner countries of the regions. Applications are submitted to the partner committees in the candidates' home countries, candidates from non-partner countries will be eligible only as an exception. Detailed information on the partners is available on the sites of the single supporting regions:
please request from the individual partner committees
You may apply for the KAAD Scholarship Programme 1, if you
- come from a developing or transition country in Africa, Asia, the Middle East or Latin America.
- have obtained a higher-education degree and already have work experience in your home country.
- want to acquire a Master's degree or PhD, complete post-doctoral studies or carry out a research project (two to six months for researchers) at a German higher-education institution.
- are of Catholic faith (or another Christian denomination, if you are from the Middle East). If you belong to another religious denomination, you may be eligible, if a Catholic partner organisation proposes you and you can demonstrate your willingness to participate in inter-religious dialogue.
- have a knowledge of the German language prior to your stay in Germany. The KAAD may finance a German language course of up to six months in Germany.
Please select your status and your country of origin to enable you to submit an application
Your status and/or country of origin is not in the list? If your status and/or country of origin is not included in the list, you cannot apply for this scholarship programme. To ensure that only scholarship programmes for which you are eligible to apply are shown, please select your status and your country of origin in the results list (left-hand column).