Here you can find information on various kinds of DAAD funding for foreign students, graduates and postdocs as well as on funding offered by other selected organisations.
Boehringer Ingelheim Fonds: PhD Fellowships
Eine Druckversion dieser Ausschreibung (PDF) steht Ihnen in den weiteren Registerkarten (z.B. „Bewerbungsvoraussetzungen“) zur Verfügung.
A print version of this announcement (PDF) is available in the further tabs (e.g. “Application requirements”).
The Boehinger Ingelheim Fonds offers doctoral sponsorships to outstanding young junior scientists who want to conduct an ambitious doctoral project in the field of basic biomedical research at an internationally leading laboratory over a period of about three years. The financing comprehends a monthly grant of EUR 1,550, in addition to an individual country allowance. The sponsorships are initially awarded for two years with the option to extend of up to 12 further months. Moreover, participation in international scientific conferences and practice-oriented training courses are supported. Beside the financial support fellows receive individual mentoring, participate in seminars on the presentation and discussion of research projects and attend communication trainings designed to especially respond to the needs of scientists.
outstanding European junior scientists who want to do research within or outside Europe. The applicant must have obtained a first vocational higher-education degree (i.e. a BSc) within the four years prior to the application deadline.
Eligible applicants meet the following criteria: (1) outstanding academic record, (2) research proposal of extraordinary scientific quality and (3) excellent scientific standard of the laboratory, in which the project is to be realised.
Number of Scholarships
about 50 fellowships per year
two years with the option to apply for a funding renewal of up to 12 further months
- base amount of EUR 1,550 per month plus individual country allowance, i.e., of EUR 200 in Germany and EUR 800 in the US
- EUR 150 lump sum for material expenses
- allowance for accompanying spouses and children possible
- attendance of select seminars for scientific research and networking during the scholarship and beyond
- communication training
- lifetime membership in the alumni association network
- individual support by the foundation
All application forms and further information on the application procedure here
1 February, 1 June and 1 October of each year
- Applicants must have obtained a first vocational higher-education degree (i.e. a BSc) within the four years prior to the application deadline.
- excellent academic record
- ambitious doctoral project in the field of natural sciences, designed to make a relevant contribution to the future development in basic biomedical research
- Candidates should not have been working on the project for more than 6 months at the time of application.
Please select your status and your country of origin to enable you to submit an application
Your status and/or country of origin is not in the list? If your status and/or country of origin is not included in the list, you cannot apply for this scholarship programme. To ensure that only scholarship programmes for which you are eligible to apply are shown, please select your status and your country of origin in the results list (left-hand column).