Here you can find information on various kinds of DAAD funding for foreign students, graduates and postdocs as well as on funding offered by other selected organisations.
European Union: Erasmus+ Mobility Project for Higher Education Students and Staff
Eine Druckversion dieser Ausschreibung (PDF) steht Ihnen in den weiteren Registerkarten (z.B. „Bewerbungsvoraussetzungen“) zur Verfügung.
A print version of this announcement (PDF) is available in the further tabs (e.g. “Application requirements”).
The Erasmus+ individual mobility project is not only aimed at students but also at university teachers and members of staff at higher-education institutions in Germany and other European states. The programme is intended to sponsor mobility of teaching, education and training within 33 European countries, or Erasmus+ programme countries, and in the specified Erasmus+ partner countries around the world. For further information applicants should contact the International Office of their home institution.
Erasmus+ mobility activities further individual training and education of all staff at higher-education institutions, be it a trainee or the institution's president or chancellor.
The project offers teaching assignments geared to:
- professors and other teaching staff who are under contract to the institution of higher education
- members of scientific staff
- doctoral candidates active in teaching
- staff from any international enterprise or organisation (may be invited to teach at a higher-education institution in Germany)
Number of Scholarships
In 2015 a total of 5,036 individuals received funding: 3,106 of which were awarded grants for teaching activities and 1,930 for further education or training activities.
- education and training: two days (programme countries) or five (partner countries) to 60 days (excluding travel times)
- teaching: teaching duration corresponds to the duration of education and training. The necessary pensum per stay is eight lessons for the first week or a shorter visit. For stays exceeding one week (seven days) the teaching requirement will be calculated on a pro rata basis
varies depending on higher-education institution
In order to take part in Erasmus+ mobility of individuals you should contact the Erasmus+ coordinator international office at the respective International Office.
The international office of your home institution of higher education will provide you with the relevant application deadlines.
- Teaching appointments have to be conducted at an institution of higher education with an Erasmus Charta for Higher Education (ECHE)
- teachers from institutions of higher education are selected by the sending institutions
- Lecturers or other staff from higher-education institutions have to be either a national of a country participating in the Erasmus+ mobility programme, or a national of another country and be employed at an institution of higher education in a participating country; the regulations stipulated by the respective participating countries with consideration of the type and structure of the particular programme are applicable.
Please refer also to the website of the respective Erasmus+ National Agency for further information and application prerequisites.
Please select your status and your country of origin to enable you to submit an application
Your status and/or country of origin is not in the list? If your status and/or country of origin is not included in the list, you cannot apply for this scholarship programme. To ensure that only scholarship programmes for which you are eligible to apply are shown, please select your status and your country of origin in the results list (left-hand column).