Here you can find information on various kinds of DAAD funding for foreign students, graduates and postdocs as well as on funding offered by other selected organisations.
Country-related cooperation programme with Colombia (COLFUTURO - Fundación para el Futuro de Colombia) • DAAD
Doctoral candidates/PhD students
|Country of Origin:||
The scholarship for this programme is restricted to certain countries of origin. You can find an explanation for this on the details page of the scholarship programme under the application requirements.
Restricted to the following disciplines:
Eine Druckversion dieser Ausschreibung (PDF) steht Ihnen in den weiteren Registerkarten (z.B. „Bewerbungsvoraussetzungen“) zur Verfügung.
A print version of this announcement (PDF) is available in the further tabs (e.g. “Application requirements”).
Graduates receive grants to complete a Master's or doctoral degree in Germany.
Who can apply?
- Applicants for a scholarship to obtain a master degree: very well qualified colombian graduates, who have accomplished a first university degree (bachelor or equivalent) at the time of application.
- Applicants for a scholarship to obtain a doctoral degree: very well qualified colombian graduates, who have accomplished a master (or equivalent) degree at the time of application.
What is supported?
Graduates complete a
a) Master's degree, or
b) doctoral studies at a German university
Duration of funding
a) approx. 2 years
b) approx. 3-4 years
Grants are awarded for one year respectively. Applications must be submitted for an extension and these are reviewed by the DAAD selection committee.
Co-funded by COLFUTURO and DAAD
- Intensive German course in Germany (up to 6 months for Master's students and doctoral candidates incl. accommodation and cost of living during this period (DAAD)); alternatively, accompanying German course during course of studies
- Costs of outward and return travel (DAAD)
- Monthly scholarship payments up to the maximum amount determined by COLFUTURO (COLFUTURO/DAAD)
- Medical, nursing care, accident and personal liability insurance, if applicable also for accompanying dependants (DAAD)
- If applicable, cost of German language course for accompanying spouse (DAAD)
- Contribution towards the costs of printing thesis (DAAD)
Candidates are selected by a committee of Colombian and German scientists and academics.
More detailed information
Please select your status and your country of origin to enable you to submit an application
Your status and/or country of origin is not in the list? If your status and/or country of origin is not included in the list, you cannot apply for this scholarship programme. To ensure that only scholarship programmes for which you are eligible to apply are shown, please select your status and your country of origin in the results list (left-hand column).