Here you can find information on various kinds of DAAD funding for foreign students, graduates and postdocs as well as on funding offered by other selected organisations.
Country-related cooperation programme with Colombia (COLFUTURO - Fundación para el Futuro de Colombia) • DAAD
|Country of Origin:||
The scholarship for this programme is restricted to certain countries of origin. You can find an explanation for this on the details page of the scholarship programme under the application requirements.
Restricted to the following disciplines:
Eine Druckversion dieser Ausschreibung (PDF) steht Ihnen in den weiteren Registerkarten (z.B. „Bewerbungsvoraussetzungen“) zur Verfügung.
A print version of this announcement (PDF) is available in the further tabs (e.g. “Application requirements”).
Graduates receive grants to complete a Master's or doctoral degree in Germany.
Who can apply?
Colombian graduates usually up to the age of 36
What is supported?
Graduates complete a
a) Master's degree, or
b) doctoral studies at a German university
Duration of funding
a) approx. 2 years
b) approx. 3-4 years
Grants are awarded for one year respectively. Applications must be submitted for an extension and these are reviewed by the DAAD selection committee.
Co-funded by COLFUTURO and DAAD
- Intensive German course in Germany (up to 4 months for postdocs, up to 6 months for Master's students and doctoral candidates incl. accommodation and cost of living during this period (DAAD)
- Costs of outward and return travel (DAAD)
- Monthly scholarship payments up to the maximum amount determined by COLFUTURO (COLFUTURO/DAAD)
- Medical, nursing care, accident and personal liability insurance, if applicable also for accompanying dependants (DAAD)
- If applicable, cost of German language course for accompanying spouse (DAAD)
- Contribution towards the costs of printing thesis (DAAD)
This is based upon the guidelines of the Colfuturo sponsorship programme "Créditos-Beca para estudios de Posgrado en el Exterior".
Candidates are preselected by a committee of Colombian and German scientists and academics. The final selection is made by both parties to the agreement.