Here you can find information on various kinds of DAAD funding for foreign students, graduates and postdocs as well as on funding offered by other selected organisations.
Evangelisches Studienwerk: Scholarship for Students
Eine Druckversion dieser Ausschreibung (PDF) steht Ihnen in den weiteren Registerkarten (z.B. „Bewerbungsvoraussetzungen“) zur Verfügung.
A print version of this announcement (PDF) is available in the further tabs (e.g. “Application requirements”).
The ESV scholarships are open to protestant students from all disciplines and concentrations wishing to study at universities of applied sciences or other institutions of higher education in Germany. Applicants of other denominations are required to include a special request into their application. The programme includes close and individual mentoring, a vast range of seminars and the opportunity for student participation at all levels. It is worth up to EUR 649 every month plus EUR 300 to cover study costs and offers further financial support, i.e. when scholars study abroad or do an internship.
students of protestant faith from all disciplines and concentrations, who wish to start a degree course or are already studying at a higher-education institution in Germany, the European Union or Switzerland
students or school leavers with a higher-education entrance qualification
typically throughout the entire course of study
- base amount of up to EUR 649 per month
- supplementary study cost allowance of EUR 300
- additional financial support, i.e. when studying abroad or during internships
All application forms and further information on the application procedure are available here
There are two application deadlines every year: 1 March or 1 September.
- citizenship of a EU-member- or prospective member state, of Switzerland or entitlement to funding according to BAföG § 8
- Applicants must be of protestant faith (exceptions in justified cases only).
- evidence of social involvement and suitability for the chosen subject
- higher-education entrance qualification (i.e. general or subject-specific)
- The selected course must be a full-time degree course requiring regular attendance; part-time, distance-learning or dual courses are not eligible for funding.
- application only until the end of the third subject-related semester
Please select your status and your country of origin to enable you to submit an application
Your status and/or country of origin is not in the list? If your status and/or country of origin is not included in the list, you cannot apply for this scholarship programme. To ensure that only scholarship programmes for which you are eligible to apply are shown, please select your status and your country of origin in the results list (left-hand column).