Here you can find information on various kinds of DAAD funding for foreign students, graduates and postdocs as well as on funding offered by other selected organisations.
European Union: Erasmus+ Mobility Programme for Higher Education Students
For further information on the programme or the application procedure, please contact the Erasmus coordinator of your home institution of higher education.
Eine Druckversion dieser Ausschreibung (PDF) steht Ihnen in den weiteren Registerkarten (z.B. „Bewerbungsvoraussetzungen“) zur Verfügung.
A print version of this announcement (PDF) is available in the further tabs (e.g. “Application requirements”).
Erasmus+ mobility of individuals sponsors study periods and traineeships (work placements) in 33 specified Erasmus+ programme countries and in Erasmus+ partner countries around the world.
The programme is intended for students who are regularly enrolled at a German higher-education institution and have completed their first year of study. It is also aimed at students who are enrolled at a higher-education institution participating in the Erasmus+ project or whose home institution has signed an Erasmus cooperation agreement with the receiving institution.
Erasmus+ mobility of individuals is open to all students at higher-education institutions participating in the Erasmus+ programme who are in at least their second year of study.
Number of Scholarships
In the 2014 project year 39,719 individuals have been supported in Germany. Throughout Europe the number adds up to 292,035 for the same period of time.
The duration of the Erasmus+ study periods may vary from three to twelve months. The maximum, however, is of 36 months for studies or traineeships:
- for Bachelor, Master or doctoral students of up to twelve months,
- for students in comprehensive degree courses, such as medicine, programmes ending with a state examination or traditional diploma courses the grant will be awarded for a period of up to 24 months and an additional twelve months for students pursuing a doctoral degree.
- the scholarship can be split up within one study cycle, for example into two six-month stays.
- traineeships abroad will be supported for at least two and no more than twelve months.
Students received in 2014 an average sum of EUR 254 and trainees of EUR 363 per month.
In order to take part in the Erasmus+ individual mobility programme please contact the international office Erasmus+ coordinators at the International Office of your home institution.
Please contact the International Office of your home institution for further information on the application deadlines.
- Students are either nationals of a country participating in the Erasmus+ programme, or nationals of other countries enrolled in a regular degree course at an institution of higher education in a participating country; the regulations stipulated by the respective participating countries with consideration of the type and structure of the particular programme are applicable; please also refer to the website of the respective Erasmus+ National Agency
- Students are at least in the second year of their degree course before appying for a study visit. They may apply, however, for an internship in their first year of study
[list|As a rule, the sending and receiving institutions must possess a valid Erasmus Charta for Higher Education.
Please select your status and your country of origin to enable you to submit an application
Your status and/or country of origin is not in the list? If your status and/or country of origin is not included in the list, you cannot apply for this scholarship programme. To ensure that only scholarship programmes for which you are eligible to apply are shown, please select your status and your country of origin in the results list (left-hand column).