Here you can find information on various kinds of DAAD funding for foreign students, graduates and postdocs as well as on funding offered by other selected organisations.
Re-invitation Programme for Former Scholarship Holders • DAAD
To maintain contact with Germany, former DAAD Research Grant or Study Scholarship holders with funding for more than six months and former DDR (East German) Scholarship holders who studied in Germany for at least one year can apply for a re-invitation. Funding is available for research and working projects at a state or state-recognised (public) university or a non-university research institution. Former scholarship holders working outside the science sector can also apply for funding to cover a working stay at another institution in business or industry, administration, culture or media.
Depending on the applicant's work schedule, the research and working stay can last between one and three months.
- Depending on the applicant's academic status, the monthly award will amount to 2,000 euros for assistant lecturers, assistant professors and young lecturers, and 2,150 euros for professors, in exceptions, 2,300 euros.
- In addition to these payments, the DAAD generally will pay an appropriate flat-rate travel allowance, unless these costs are covered by the home country or by another funding source.
- Applications for re-invitations are open to the above-specified former scholarship holders (alumni) who have been back in their home country for at least three years.
- The most important selection criterion is a convincing and well-planned research or working project for the stay in Germany, which has been agreed in terms of content and schedule with the supervising host in Germany. Working projects outside the science sector must be of such a nature that sustainable effects can be expected for the professional activity of the applicant, dissemination effects, such as in the form of planned publications and/or greater collaboration and cooperation with Germany. The application papers must be accompanied in writing by a letter from the host which expressly refers to the research or working project and also confirms the host's willingness to supervise the project and to provide an unpaid workplace at the host institution.
- DAAD support for a research or work stay can only be awarded once in any three-year period.
- Detailed information on the application papers to be submitted can be found in the print version (blue) of the Application Form for "Research Stays and Study Visits for University Academics and Scientists" ("Forschungs- und Arbeitsaufenthalte ausländischer Hochschullehrer und Wissenschaftler"), which can be obtained on the Internet (www.daad.de/en/form) or from the diplomatic and consular representations of the Federal Republic of Germany, from DAAD Lektors, from the DAAD regional offices or Information and Advice Centres, and from partner organisations.
- The DAAD will not consider incomplete applications.
- For information on the exact deadlines for the submission of the application papers and on where applications should be sent see „Country-specific Information“.
- Applications must not be sent direct to DAAD head office in Bonn.
Please select your status and your country of origin to enable you to submit an application
Your status and/or country of origin is not in the list? If your status and/or country of origin is not included in the list, you cannot apply for this scholarship programme. To ensure that only scholarship programmes for which you are eligible to apply are shown, please select your status and your country of origin in the results list (left-hand column).