Additional Information on DAAD Study Scholarships in the Field of Architecture
To apply for a DAAD study scholarship in the field of architecture, applicants must submit by post a portfolio of work samples together with the printed "Application summary" from the portal application.
Depending on specific field, the following work samples are required:
Architects, including interior designers and landscape architects:
- three drafts on a scale appropriate to the object (ground plan, layout, elevation and perspective). These must include at least one independent (non-group) project (draft, analysis, plan).
Urban and regional planners and landscape planners:
- three draft plans. These must include at least one independent (non-group) project (draft, analysis, plan).
- work (such as class papers) demonstrating that applicants have already worked on planning processes.
- Please submit work samples in a DIN A 4-sized folder, plans should not be folded.
- Samples on digital media unfortunately cannot be considered.
- In the case of collaborative work or projects, the contribution made by the applicant must be marked or appropriately described.
The submitted work samples will be returned on request after the selection procedure has been completed.