Additional Information on DAAD Research Grants for Applicants from Medical Fields
Within the framework of its research grant programmes, the DAAD funds research visits for young academics and scientists in Germany. These programmes are also aimed at applicants from medical fields. However, only certain types of projects can be funded:
What is funded?
- Research projects
- Doctoral degrees in the natural sciences in Germany (e.g. Dr. rer. nat., Dr. rer. medic., Dr. rer. med.)
Doctoral theses in the medical field (Dr. med., Dr. med. vet. Dr. med. dent.), further training in a clinical area, specialist medical training in Germany and any other project that requires the scholarship-holder to work as a doctor (with state license "Approbation" or "Permission to temporarily practice medicine") unfortunately cannot be funded.
What kind of research grant programme is best suited to my project?
You would like to carry out research in Germany?
The right choice of scholarship programme depends on the length of your planned research visit. You can apply either for
- the programme Research Grants – Short-Term Grants (1 to 6 months) or
- the programme Research Grants – One-Year Grants.
You wish to do a doctoral degree in a natural science subject?
- If you wish to complete a doctoral degree in a natural science subject (e.g. Dr. rer. nat., Dr. rer. medic., Dr. rer. med.) and gain a doctorate at a German university, you can apply to the programme Research Grants – Doctoral Programmes in Germany.
- The programme Research Grants – Bi-nationally Supervised Doctoral Degrees supports doctoral candidates who start or have started their doctoral degrees in their home country, include a research phase in Germany and then wish to complete their degree at their home university with the help of their German supervisor.
Information as of: 21.05.2015