Doctoral Positions in Germany
Doctoral Researcher in part time in the research department III “Transnational Actors” • Leibniz-Institut Hessische Stiftung Friedens- und Konfliktforschung • Frankfurt
|Time Span||as soon as possible for 3 years|
|Application Deadline||31 Dec 2018|
|Type of Position||
|Field of Research||
|Description||The Research Department III “Transnational Actors” is, as of 1 March 2019, seeking to employ
a doctoral researcher
in part time (50%), salary scale E 13 TV-H, for three years (under the terms of the WissZVG).
Your responsibilities include:
• Participation in the research of the programme area within PRIF’s research program ‘coercion and peace’, in particular in the area of coercion by non-state actors;
• Implementation of a doctoral project in the above-mentioned subject area of coercion by non-state actors;
• Participation in the committees of PRIF’s self-administration.
PRIF is a winner of the Total E-Quality award and seeks to promote work/life balance. In the case of equal qualification, applicants with severe disabilities will be given preference.
Please send your application documents including an outline of your PhD project of not more than five pages as well as a work sample as a single PDF document by December 31, 2018 via e-mail to bewerber(at)hsfk.de. Please include the position code (Kennziffer) 3.1. Unfortunately, application expenses cannot be reimbursed.
|Requirements||The applicant should fulfill the following requirements:
• A master’s degree (or equivalent) in political science or another social science qualifying for entry to a PhD program;
• research focus/interest in the area of non-state actors and their potentials to and instruments to exercise coercion;
• willingness to conduct field research and collaborative research;
• willingness to participate in the dissemination of research findings to the political and general public.
Very good command of English, spoken and written, as well as competent handling of standard office software are prerequisites. Knowledge of German is not a prerequisite, but it is expected that the applicant shows willingness to try to acquire German language skills within the next one to two years.
|Language of Dissertation||
Rechtlicher Hinweis: Die Informationen auf dieser Webseite werden dem DAAD von Dritten zur Verfügung gestellt. Trotz sorgfältiger Prüfung kann der DAAD für die Richtigkeit und Vollständigkeit keine Gewähr leisten.