Doctoral Positions in Germany
PhD position (m/f) in the field of Quantitative and Synthetic Biology • Max-Planck-Institut für Dynamik und Selbstorganisation • Göttingen
|Time Span||as soon as possible for 3 years|
|Application Deadline||15 Feb 2019|
|Type of Position||
|Field of Research||
|Subjects||Quantitative and Synthetic Biology|
|Description||In the department Fluid Dynamics, Pattern Formation and Biocomplexity, we seek to fill a PhD position (m/f) with the topic of research “Living foams: bottom-up synthesis of artificial tissue". We are looking for excellent, highly motivated early-career researchers to join our research team.
The Max Planck Institute for Dynamics and Self-Organization at Göttingen, Germany, is an international research institute. It provides an interdiscipli-nary, collaborative environment performing both experimental and theoret-ical fundamental scientific research and currently employs about 300 people.
Funded by the Volkswagen-foundation, the PhD position is limited to three years. Research areas include:
• Development of multifunctional minimal cell compartments based on giant liposomes or polymersomes via microfluidics
• Experimental assessment of chemical and mechanical coupling within networks of these compartments based on atomic force microscopy, impedance spectroscopy and multimodal optical imaging
• Formation of actively driven foams in 3-D as well as hybrid structures for tissue engineering applications
The salary and working hours are in accordance with the funding guidelines of the Max Planck Society for junior scientists. The salary is 2/3 of E13 TVöD-Bund. Furthermore, we offer opportunities regarding work life balance as well as health promotion services. In close collaboration with the Georg August University, a structured PhD program is offered in the graduate program of the Physics Department, or in the graduate program on Physics of Biological and Complex Systems.
The Max-Planck Society is committed to increasing the number of individuals with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages applications from such qualified individuals. Furthermore, the Max Planck Society seeks to increase the number of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply.
To apply, please follow this link with the reference no. MPIDS-W030:
and submit a cover letter, your CV, publication list as well as contact information of two references. Your cover letter should briefly describe your past and current research interests and why you are interested in joining our group. Applications received before February 15th 2019 will be given full consideration.
Written applications will not be sent back.
Please contact Mr. Dr. Marco Tarantola,
(Fon. +49551/5176-316, Email: email@example.com) should you have further questions.
|Requirements||We are looking for excellent, enthusiastic and self-motivated early-career researchers with good communication skills to join our interdisciplinary research team.
The PhD candidate should
• have a Master’s degree (or comparable) in Biophysical Chemistry or Biophysics, non-linear dynamics or related disciplines from a recognized university,
• possess good experimental skills, knowledge of statistics and image analysis as well as the will to blend into a team comprised of physicists, biologists, chemists and engineers
• be participating in the mandatory graduate schools including teaching assistance and therefore also have good English and German language skills
|Language of Dissertation||
Rechtlicher Hinweis: Die Informationen auf dieser Webseite werden dem DAAD von Dritten zur Verfügung gestellt. Trotz sorgfältiger Prüfung kann der DAAD für die Richtigkeit und Vollständigkeit keine Gewähr leisten.