Doctoral Positions in Germany
PhD positions at International Max Planck Research School on the Social and Political Constitution of the Economy • Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies • Köln
|Time Span||01 Oct 2020 for 42 months|
|Application Deadline||28 Feb 2020|
|Type of Position||
|Field of Research||
|Subjects||economic sociology, comparative political economy, organisational studies|
|Description||The International Max Planck Research School on the Social and Political Constitution of the Economy (IMPRS-SPCE) is a three-and-a-half-year doctoral program offered jointly by the Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies (MPIfG), the University of Cologne’s Faculty of Management, Economics and Social Sciences and the Faculty of Social Sciences at the University of Duisburg-Essen.
• The opportunity to work in a stimulating intellectual environment within an international research community
• Excellent courses in economic sociology and political economy for exceptionally talented graduate students
• Courses tailored to students' needs, in which you will learn the specific methods you need for your project
• Feedback from experienced research advisers
• Excellent research facilities
• Instruction in English
• Thesis may be written in English or German
• International learning and working experiences in dynamic Cologne, Germany
• Exchange with partner institutions in France (including a dual degree opportunity), Italy and the United States
• Financial support for up to 42 months
• Further funds for stays abroad, fieldwork, conference trips or transcription costs
• A six months wrap-up postdoc upon successful completion of the programme allowing additional time for publishing or teaching and applying for postdoc positions
Students who attend our program investigate the crucial intersection between the economy, politics, and society and develop new approaches in economic sociology, comparative political economy, and organizational studies. They work with talented faculty from some of Germany's most prestigious research institutions. Degrees are granted in Political Science or Sociology.
For program details and an online application form, please see http://imprs.mpifg.de
|Requirements||We are a small, competitive program that welcomes talented students from around the world. Candidates should hold a Master's degree or equivalent in political science, sociology, organisational studies, or related fields and possess strong English skills.
|Language of Dissertation||
Rechtlicher Hinweis: Die Informationen auf dieser Webseite werden dem DAAD von Dritten zur Verfügung gestellt. Trotz sorgfältiger Prüfung kann der DAAD für die Richtigkeit und Vollständigkeit keine Gewähr leisten.