Find a student residence hall

Information, addresses and application details on a large selection of student residence halls in Germany

« Results

Wohnanlage Seilgraben 34-36 Seilgraben 34-36 • 52062 Aachen

Like to get up five minutes before lectures start? No problem! The university buildings are just around the corner from the most central student residence in the centre of Aachen: Only 500 metres to the main building and all important lecture theatres! Another advantage: Only 400 metres from Pontstraße with most of Aachen's pubs and bars.


Studierendenwerk Aachen


87 Places

Rent deposit

Upon signing of the rental contract a deposit of two months rent must be deposited. This deposit will be fully refunded at the end of the rental period if there is no damage to the room. Accrued interest will be invested in maintenance.

Internet access


TV connection


Shared facilities

Common room, barbecue area, music room, gym, study room,projector, washing machines, table tennis and table football, basketball court, volleyball net, lawn, bicycle storage room in the basement

Shopping and infrastructure (supermarket, post office, bank, etc.)

Supermarkets nearby: ALDI, Netto (two outlets), Rewe and Kaisers

Additional information

Residence hall website

Last update: 07-2018

Sing room with own shower/WC


Size: 17 square metres
Own shower/WC, shared kitchen
Rent including bills


347 EUR / month



Single room


Size: 10-21 square metres
Shared Shower, WC, kitchen, partly furnished
Rent including bills


222 up to 342 EUR / month



Standard application procedure

Application requirements

Students who can apply are those:
- enrolled at an Aachen or Jülich institute of higher education
- enrolled at Hochschule für Musik und Tanz Köln, department Aachen
- who will start studies next semester

You can apply at up to three halls of residence simultaneously. Applications must be made to the halls directly.

Application deadline

You should begin your application as soon as you know that you want to study in Aachen, even if you are not yet an enrolled student. It makes no difference for your application if you want to study at the University or at the University of Applied Sciences.


To apply for a dormitory, fill in this online form.

After the Studierendenwerk has received your online application, you will get a confirmation email. The application is completed after you have confirmed the link sent in that email.

Disabled students are given priority. Please send a corresponding certificate to

Exchange students or scholarship holders

The RWTH Aachen International Office has arranged a limited allotment of rooms in the dorms with Studierendenwerk Aachen. You can also apply for one of these rooms online. Please note that there is a separate housing portal for this allotment of rooms. Since these rooms are not open to all international students, the International Office will inform you separately and you will receive an email containing further information about how to apply for one of these rooms as well as the link for the online application.

Students in the following programmes are eligible to apply:
- Exchange programmes: ERASMUS+ study stay, RWTH Exchange Worldwide, UNITECH, TGGS
- Double Master's Programmes: T.I.M.E. Double Degree and Tsinghua Double Degree
- DAAD Scholarship Programme IIT Master Sandwich
- Students in the Fast Track Bachelor Admission Programme
- Students in our strategic partnerships with Tsinghua University and IIT Madras


Wohnanlage Seilgraben 34-36 Seilgraben 34-36
52062 Aachen

Tel. +49 241 80 93 264
Fax +49 241 80 93 263

Operator: Studierendenwerk Aachen Contact via email Visit website

Nearest stop/station (public transportation): The main train station and "Westbahnhof" are within walking distance.

Loading google map..

Last update: 07-2018

Disclaimer We have taken great care in collecting and evaluating the information provided in the "Student Residence Finder". However, the DAAD and Content5 assume no responsibility for possible inaccuracies. For binding information and application details, please contact the responsible Studentenwerk.