Grants for alumni events
Alumni events organised by DAAD alumni themselves or whose participants include former DAAD scholarship holders can be supported by the DAAD on request. Such events promote professional dialogue with other DAAD alumni and provide an opportunity to stay in contact with the DAAD and with Germany. Alumni events are frequently the basis for long-term networking and future collaborations.
Requirement for approval of grants:
- The event must be of a professional nature. No subsidies are granted for purely social meetings.
- Event participants must include a significant number of former DAAD scholarship holders.
The following are eligible for grants:
- Specialist seminars
- Events on course guidance and those providing preparation for scholarship holders in the home country
- Events to support German scholarship holders in the country
- Seminars for graduates of German higher education institutions returning home
Regional alumni events can also be supported that promote professional dialogue between alumni from several different countries.
Type and extent of support:
- Grant towards speakers' travel and accommodation costs
- Grant towards DAAD alumni travel and accommodation costs
- Grant towards event costs
- Help in finding suitable German speakers
Leaflet and application for an alumni event grant